The Construction and Trades Scholarship was established by Justin Grau, of sellyourpropertyfast.com, with the purpose of helping those students who don’t have access to all of the funds needed to attend and complete post-secondary education in construction-related trades.
As a property buyer, rehabber, and investor, I understand the lack of skilled people out there to fill the ongoing needs for electrician, plumbers, HVAC techs and so much more in the construction and trades fields. Because of that, I want to help as many people as I can get the skills they need to land a career in a rewarding line of work with great pay.
This renewable scholarship, will support tuition and facility fees, books, and select certifications not paid by financial aid. This scholarship will support students who are obtaining an associate degree or certificate. Preference to students with financial need and will only cover direct education expenses in HVAC, Electrical, Construction Trades, and Apprenticeship Programs.
- HVAC, Electrical, Construction and Building Science, and Electrical or Plumbing Apprenticeship Programs
- Students in Douglas, Sarpy, Washington, and Dodge Counties in Nebraska; Pottawatomie County in Iowa
- Full- or part-time students but must be enrolled in a minimum of nine credits each quarter
- Financial need recommended, as determined by MCC Financial Aid through completion of FAFSA, preference to students with financial need
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Ongoing work experience or community involvement preferred
Scholarships are usually offered during the spring and fall quarters. Scholarship availability varies depending on donor giving.