David Deao was one of the founding members of the vinNEBRASKA Foundation, and was active in the organization from its conception in 1989 through his death in 2019. A local businessman, Dave owned and ran The Winery, a fine wine store in Clocktower Village. Dave's passion for viticulture was surpassed only by his generosity and kindness. To honor our founder and friend, the vinNEBRASKA Foundation is proud to offer the vinNEBRASKA Dave Deao Memorial Scholarship at Metropolitan Community College.
This scholarship is intended to fund tuition, fees, books, and culinary tools.
- First time students
- Financial need may be considered, but is not required
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Full-time student (12 or more credit hours)
- Status must be maintained during the scholarship
- Pursuing a degree/major in any Culinary Arts program
Scholarships are usually offered during the spring and fall quarters. Scholarship availability varies depending on donor giving.