SUGGESTED CAREER WEBSITES
Cyberseek.org: Cybersecurity Supply/Demand Heat Map
Cyberseek.org: Cybersecurity Career Pathway
Cyber Career Pathways Tool | NICCS (cisa.gov
As a cybersecurity student, you are expected to uphold a code of ethics and professional behavior that promotes the highest standards of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and professionalism. This code serves as a guide to help you make ethical decisions and maintain the trust and confidence of your clients, colleagues, and the public.
The following are the principles of the cybersecurity student code of ethics and professional behavior for students attending NCAE schools:
- Respect: Treat others with respect, and honesty, Act in a legal and moral fashion regarding others. Respect the laws and regulations that govern your profession and avoid engaging in any activities that could be considered illegal or unethical.
- Professionalism: Conduct yourself in person and online in a professional manner, and always adhere to ethical standards when dealing with clients, colleagues, and the public. Your actions should be based on sound judgment, integrity, and the highest levels of ethical conduct.
- Confidentiality: Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, especially concerning protected health information, personally identifiable information, or intellectual property entrusted to you.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your actions and be accountable for any mistakes or errors that you make. Learn from your mistakes and take steps to prevent them from happening again. Do no harm.
- Collaboration: Strive to collaborate online and in person with other cyber professionals to make the cyber world safer for all.
- Attribution: Give credit to others for their work. Only use generative AI with proper attribution and proper permission from your college, university, or employer.
- Continuous Learning: Continue as a life-long learner to ensure competency in the field. Share your knowledge with others and promote best practices.
- Reporting: Report to the appropriate authorities any unethical behavior you observe in the course of your work.
By adhering to this code of ethics and professional behavior, cybersecurity students can build a reputation for professionalism, integrity, and respect for the public interest. The committee consulted existing ethical standards and codes in researching the proposed NCAE-C Student Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.