The 2021-2026 Sustainability Master Plan (SMP) was developed in 2020, making it difficult to ascertain what are the typical transportation patterns at MCC. A transportation metric and goal will be discussed are a part of year two planning for the SMP. Below is information on current transportation programs at MCC.
Read transportation testimonials from staff members.
Metro Transit - PASS TO CLASS
- Metropolitan Community College credit, GAP, ESL and GED students, as well as Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) program members are eligible for a Pass to Class, which provides free transit rides to class and education-related trips during the quarter. Passes are available through Student Services at every MCC location for credit, ESL and GED students. VUB and 180 Re-entry members should contact their program to attain a pass. Bus passes are currently available via U.S. Mail. To request a new or replacement pass, visit any student services location or via phone by calling the Fort Campus Student Services location at 531-622-2272.
- The MCC South Omaha Campus has a Metro bus transit station built into the Connector Building, providing for convenient bus transportation and transfer to and from campus.
- Planning Your Route: Bus users can now plan their route and track their bus in real time using MyRideOMA, either online or with the smartphone app. You can also plan your route with Google Transit, call Metro Transit at 402-341-0800, or visit ometro.com. Please note, Park and Ride locations are not listed when planning your route. Park and Rides are locations where you can park your car can catch a bus. See the Park and Ride location list on the Metro Transit website. Westroads mall and Aksarben are also Park and Ride locations but are not listed on the website.
- All MCC locations offer secure bicycle parking. Check out the campus/center maps for bicycle parking locations.
- Visit Omaha Bikes for biking information and MAPA for an interactive bicycle routes map throughout the region.
- Check out this Omaha information for two-wheeled pedestrians via Google map.
- Heartland B-Cycle locations are available at the Fort Omaha and South Omaha Campuses. Learn more about memberships and how to check out bikes on the Heartland B-Cycle website.
- MCC offers prime parking spaces to carpoolers.
- To find carpool partners, talk to your fellow students and colleagues.
- Sign up for free at MetrO! Rideshare. With this noncommercial service, you can anonymously contact others who are interested in carpooling and are traveling your way.
Omaha Bikes is a community organization that promotes and advocates for improved transportation, utility and recreational bicycling infrastructure, opportunities and experiences for the people of Omaha, Nebraska and the surrounding area.
Omaha Metro Transit is Omaha's public transit system. Starting in fall of 2009, Omaha Metro and MCC partnered to form the Pass to Class program, providing MCC credit students with free bus passes to campus locations and education-related sites on the Metro routes. For more information regarding Omaha Metro and its routes, visit ometro.com
Heartland B-Cycle is the bike share program in Omaha. Check their map to see where the bike share locations are and how many bikes are currently available. MCC has B-Cycle stations at Fort and South campuses. Student are able to receive a discounted membership from B-Cycle.