Skip to main content

Transferring to MCC

Military Transfer Credit

Metropolitan Community College (MCC) seeks to grant the most credit possible for military training and experience. Each military student who submits a DD-214 will be granted up to 3.5 credits in Physical Education (PHED) for basic training. Additional credit hours may be awarded for military training and experience as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).

Some factors may limit the number of credits accepted, including departmental accreditation and program-specific requirements. Credits not transferred as a specific class at MCC may be applied to either the major or general education requirements as undefined electives. Credits granted do not apply toward fulfillment of MCC’s residency requirement for graduation (24 hours). Military students pursuing specialized programs that have very few or no electives may find that they receive limited credits from their military experience.

Documents eligible for transcript evaluation can include DD-214, DD-295, DD-2586, CCAF Transcript (Community College of the Air Force), SMART (Sailor/Marine ACE Registry Transcript), AARTS (Army/ACE Registry Transcript), CGI (Coast Guard Institute Transcript), and other official documents indicating military experience. In addition, MCC accepts DSST (DANTES) and CLEP scores.

Use of military credits to transfer from MCC to another institution depends on a number of factors, including whether the institution has a transfer credit agreement with MCC. The institution receiving transfer courses makes the decision regarding award of transfer credit. Military students should evaluate their transfer options carefully in consultation with the receiving institution.

Order Military Service Records - DD214

You will need a copy of your discharge papers (DD-214) for the certification process. Veterans can obtain their DD214 at the National Archives website.

You may also obtain copies of military records electronically through the eBenefits portal.

Order Military Transcripts

Who's Eligible For Joint Services Transcripts (JST)?

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and veterans. Order your Joint Services Transcript (JST)

Order High School or GED Transcripts:

Order Standardized Test Scores:

The address to send transcripts and other transfer documents is:
Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Records
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE

Send electronic transcripts to

General information on transferring to MCC

Please visit the Transfer to MCC/Prior Learning website for additional details