Primary function: Serve as the primary council body in the College’s Employee Involvement System to consider issues related to teaching and learning.
- Identifies important issues related to teaching and learning.
- Reviews curriculum procedures and changes to curriculum procedures.
- Considers issues and recommendations including but not limited to those raised by the Outcomes Assessment Committee, Learning-Community Steering Panels, and the Faculty Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors.
- Creates ad-hoc charter groups to explore key issues related to teaching and learning.
- Makes recommendations to Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Reports Council activities to constituents.
Reports to: Thomas McDonnell, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs
Chair: Faculty member elected annually by Council membership - Steve Lovett
- Jane Franklin - Social Sciences
- Daryl Hansen - Business & Human Services
Representatives from each of the following areas:
- Applied Technology - Don Gilliland
- Business and Human Services - Carol Cleaver
- Culinary, Hospitality, and Horticulture - Steve Bell
- English, English-as-a-Second-Language, and Reading - Steve Lovett (chair)
- Health and Public Services - John Whalen
- Humanities and Visual Arts - Laura Chambers
- Information Technology & E-Learning - Gary Gilbody
- Math and Natural Sciences - Carla Delucchi
- Social Sciences - Jim Van Arsdall
- Curriculum Design Studio - Cindy Catherwood
- Adjunct Faculty (general ed/transfer area) - Molly Dewell
- Adjunct Faculty (career program area) - Don Glenn
Steering Committee comprised of Council chair, one full-time faculty member, and one administrators.
Academic Council Meeting Minutes
Academic Council Charter
Academic Council Annual Summaries