Primary function: Serve as the primary council body in the College’s Employee Involvement System to consider issues related to teaching and learning.
- Identifies important issues related to teaching and learning.
- Reviews curriculum procedures and changes to curriculum procedures.
- Considers issues and recommendations including but not limited to those raised by the Outcomes Assessment Committee, Learning-Community Steering Panels, and the Faculty Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors.
- Creates ad-hoc charter groups to explore key issues related to teaching and learning.
- Makes recommendations to Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Reports Council activities to constituents.
Reports to: Dave Ho, Vice President for Academic Affairs
Chair: Faculty member elected annually by Council membership - Darlene Hatcher
- Ken Jones - Foundations for Academic Success & Community Services
- Tom Pensabene - Information Technology and e-Learning
Representatives from each of the following areas:
- Applied Technology - Richard Hart
- Business - John Miller
- Communications and Humanities - Jan McCarthy
- Culinary, Hospitality, and Horticulture - Steve Bell
- Foundations for Academic Success & Community Service - Naomi Mardock
- Health and Public Services - Diane Sjuts
- Information Technology & E-Learning - Ed Bohlman
- Languages and Visual Arts - Sheila Talbitzer
- Math and Natural Sciences - Darlene Hatcher (chair)
- Social Sciences - Ryan Newton
- Curriculum Design Studio - Cindy Catherwood
- Adjunct Faculty - John Mangini
- Adjunct Faculty - Jeffrey Boots
Steering Committee comprised of Council chair, one full-time faculty member, and one administrators.
Academic Council Meeting Minutes
Academic Council Charter
Academic Council Annual Summaries