home Future Students Current Students Faculty and Staff Business and Community Online Courses


Institute for Faculty Excellence (IFEX)

Adjunct faculty are paid additional stipends for attending MCC sponsored professional development activities or dean approved faculty meetings or activities up to 30 hours per year (July 1 - June 30).  This limit does not include PETS courses.

Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA)

Adjunct faculty have the opportunity to contribute to the Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA) to start saving for retirement. Your SRA contributions are deducted from your paycheck before federal and state taxes are calculated. Also, earnings remain tax-deferred until you receive them as income. For more information or to request a SRA enrollment packet, contact the Human Resources office located at FOC #32, 457-2232 or e-mail jnohrenberg@mccneb.edu.

Tuition Discount

Qualifying adjunct faculty and eligible dependents may receive a 50% tuition discount for credit classes. The following information provides a general overview.

  • A qualifying year will be based on the credit hours taught between the fall and summer quarters of an academic year.
  • The tuition discount will begin the fall quarter.
  • Adjuncts are eligible for a 50% tuition discount based on the number of credit hours they taught (credit classes) in the prior qualifying year. (Example: If you taught 24 credit hours over the last year -- you are eligible for 50% tuition discount up to 24 credit hours this year.)  The discount currently only applies to credit courses and does not apply to Continuing Education courses. For questions, contact your academic dean directly.
  • Separate request forms for adjunct faculty and for their dependents are available on the forms bank (search for adjunct faculty tuition discount form or adjunct faculty dependent tuition discount form). Complete the appropriate form and send to your Dean’s office for approval.


  • The adjunct,
  • the spouse of the adjunct,
  • a child of the adjunct, provided the child can be claimed as a dependent on the employee’s income tax, or otherwise defined in Section 132(h) of the Internal Revenue Code, and thus eligible to receive "qualified tuition reduction" under Section 117(d) of the Internal Revenue code, and
  • a child of the adjunct faculty's spouse providing the child lives in the same household as the employee and is claimed as a dependent on the adjunct's federal income tax return.

Updated 2/21/12

back to top

Contact Us