Winter 2011 |
Opportunities for financial assistance help bridge the gap between the cost of attending an
institution of higher learning and the expected family contribution. But those opportunities do not
exist unless a student completes a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Things to remember:
For assistance completing the FAFSA or for questions, contact MCC's Financial Aid Department at
- Applications can be submitted starting Jan. 1. Certain programs have limited funding and
the money is typically distributed on a first-come basis; submit as soon after Jan. 1 as
- The FAFSA form needs to be renewed each year.
- Financial need is determined by subtracting a student's expected family contribution
(determined from the FAFSA) from the appropriate student budget.
- Grants and scholarships do not have to be paid back.
- MCC's school code is 004432.
COMPLETE YOUR FAFSA ONLINE TODAY AND START YOUR JOURNEY TO MCC.