Winter 2011 |
LEARNING COMMUNITIES: PASSPORT
Learning communities are found at every type of higher education institution, and most are geared
toward first-year students.
Research shows that students in a learning community are more likely to:
- Perform better academically
- Stay in school longer
- Graduate on time
- Build stronger relationships with classmates and instructors
- Meet their educational and career goals
Top five reasons to join Passport:
- Small class sizes with personalized interaction with the same instructors throughout the
- Dedicated advisor
- Instant group of friends
- Automatic enrollment in first year of classes; know the schedule for the year in
- Guaranteed transfer credits to most four-year schools
Where do MCC transfers go?
Students from all areas of MCC can transfer their credits, not just those participating in
the Passport program.
- 3,535 students at UNO currently have MCC credits on their transcript; 1,459 students at
UNL have MCC credits
- Last year ten students transferred to UNK and 96 to UNL.
- MCC regularly transfers students to Bellevue University, Clarkson College, College of
Saint Mary, Midland University, Nebraska Methodist College, Nebraska Wesleyan and others
across the United States.