What We Do
Students and MCC Alumni are encouraged to utilize the services and resources of Career Services. We offer many resources and services including:
*Students must be registered in NEworks to participate in the MCC fairs
Are you a current MCC Student? Career Services can help you..
1. Answer "Who Am I?"
Discover your natural talents, skills and abilities by learning more about yourself. The more informed you are, the clearer your career choices and major of studies will become. MCC Career Services offers many assessments to help in answering the age old question, "Who Am I?"
2. Create Your Job Search Toolbox
Here are the tools needed for your Job Search Toolbox. The Nebraska Department of Labor NEworks site can help you to create your resume and cover letter.
The Nebraska Department of Education along with the Nebraska Department of Labor has created a Career Readiness series. This series provides information on a variety of Career Readiness skills, such as Interviewing and Networking. The Career Readiness series, includes videos on Job Skills. Click the triangle to view all of the topics.
3. Gain Experience
Current MCC Students/Alumni- JOB POSTINGS AND INTERNSHIPS
MCC Career Services has partnered with the Nebraska Department of Labor and utilizes their NEworks site for internship and job opportunities for MCC students. Interested in attending onsite career fairs? Check out the Workshops and Events tab for more information.
If you are a current MCC student and would like to create your NEworks account:
- Go to the NEworks site and create an Individual Account.
- Click on the Home button. Go to the Not Registered? in the upper right section.
- Choose Option 2--Individual Account.
- Read the Privacy Statement and click on "I Agree".
- Follow the steps to create your NEworks account. Remember, to use your MCC email address.
- In the Education Section, select MCC as the college you are attending, select Full time or Part Time, and provide your anticipated graduation date.
Congratulations! You now have your NEworks Account!
Log in to your account and complete the next steps below:
- Go to Career Services and Click on Career Explorer--Complete the Assessments.
- Go to Job Seeker Services and Click on Resume Builder--Create your resume.
- Use the NEworks Resume Standards as a guide for creating your resume.
- Go to Job Seeker Services and Click on Letter Builder--Create your cover letter.
- Go to to the Keyword Search and type in Recruit MCC. Job postings from employers who want to recruit current MCC students will appear.
This is a short list of the numerous services available for job seekers through the NEworks system. You can find out more information by clicking here.
4. Practice Decision Making Skills
As you progress through your journey, you will need to make good decisions. The Nebraska Department of Education's Career Readiness has a great information on Decision Making. The series will walk you through different scenarios, to help you apply the concepts you are learning.
Click on # 6 in the Career Readiness series, Decision Making.
Another step in good decision making skills is using S.M.A.R.T. Goals. This plan will you help you in creating achievable and realistic goals, along with the necessary steps to make them a reality.
Here is a S.M.A.R.T. goal worksheet provided by OfficeArrow.com.
The last step in decision making, is the Reality Test. Can you live the life you have dreamed, with the major and career that you have decided on. Find out with the Nebraska Career Information System (NCIS) Reality Check.
1. Login Information:
*Username: 09metrocc *Password:C000309 (case sensitive)
2. Go to Other Resources (Yellow box) on the left side tab.
3. Choose which option you would like:
Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? No problem. Take the Reality Check assessment.
Already know how much you want to earn? Take the Future Salary assessment.
Already know which occupation you want to pursue? Take the Occupation Direct assessment.
5. Manage Your Career
Now that you have the career of your dreams, learn how to keep the job with the Career Readiness series. Click here to view the videos and learn more about the topics below:
- Workplace Success
- Conflict Resolutions
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Social and Cultural Awareness
- Financial Wellbeing
- Personal Wellbeing
Back to Top