What is the teacher education program? (EDUC)'
The Teacher Education at Metro gives students the opportunity to explore teaching as a profession. Metro offers Professional Core Requirements education courses to start you toward your goal of earning a bachelor's degree in Education.
Is it for you?
Taking these courses is an economical way to determine if an education career is the path for you. You will be able to spend time observing classes in five areas: pre-school, elementary school, junior and senior high school and special education
Jobs and Salary Expectations
Annual Salary from $16,200 - $63,600.00 annually
Metropolitan Community College is a member of the
National Association of Community College Teacher Education Programs
- Nancy Conrad, B.A., M.A. (Program Coordinator)
- Kathy Halverson-Rigatuso, B.A., M.S.
- Mary Ball
- Jessica Kunz
- Carrie Dyer
Transfer to UNO
- EDUC 2020 Education Foundations
- EDUC 2030 Human relations in Education
Transfers to other institutions
- EDUC 1110 Introduction to Professional Education
- EDUC 1700 Professional Practicum
- EDUC 2000 Educational Psychology
- EDCU 2020 Education Foundations
- EDUC 2590 Instructional Technology
Refer to the MCC "Articulation/Transfer" web page http://www.mccneb.edu/articulation for guides to specific schools and how these courses transfer.
Praxis Tutorial (PPST)
- EDUC 0090 Math Praxis Tutorial
- EDUC 0091 Reading Praxis Tutorial
- EDUC 0092 Writing Praxis Tutorial
Credit Classes and Registration