Monday, March 31st
South Omaha Campus, ITC Conference Center, Room 120
6:00 pm - FREE Pizza, Networking & Practice Session
7:00 pm – Let The Contest Begin!
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Let The Contest Begin!: The 2014 Student Quick Pitch Contest will be held on Monday, March 31st at the South Omaha Campus, ITC Conference Center – Room 120 starting at 7:00 pm. Students will have 2-minutes maximum to present their entrepreneurial or innovative business concepts to a panel of judges using only their voices. It is acceptable for students to dress in business uniform or attire normally worn in the business setting. Any student using a prop of any kind including a note card, promotional handouts or technology will be disqualified. Students will have a maximum of 1-minute following their pitch to address questions from the panel of judges.
6:00 – 7:00 pm - Free Pizza, Networking & Practice Session: The CEO Club – MCC’s Collegiate Entrepreneur Organization chapter – will host a FREE pizza, networking and practice session on Monday, March 31st at the South Omaha Campus, ITC Conference Center - Room 120 prior to the Quick Pitch contest. MCC's Entrepreneur Program Instructors will share elevator pitch tips. Attendees (club and non-club members) will enjoy a free pizza dinner provided by the CEO Club chapter at 6:00 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend including Quick Pitch contestants and those wishing to observe and cheer on their peers from the audience!
Eligibility: MCC's Student Quick Pitch Contest is open for any MCC student from any program of study actively enrolled in at least 1 for-credit course during the Spring 2014 Quarter OR for prior MCC Entrepreneur Program students having previously completed at least three of the six courses in the ENTR prefix (ENTR 1050, 2040, 2050, 2060, 2070 or 2090).
Registration: Interested and eligible candidates will register for participation by midnight on Sunday, March 30th by sending the below information to email@example.com:
- Name, Phone and Email Address
- Business Name being pitched (or quick summary of the business concept being developed)
Judging: A panel of judges from the local entrepreneur community will have 1-minute maximum following each student’s pitch presentation to ask follow up questions. The panel will determine the competition winners using the following judge form. Every student participant will receive individual feedback. Criteria for judging includes:
- Overall Organization / Logic: Pitch presented in clear, concise and logical form; Presenter conveyed confidence and professionalism and stayed within the 2 minute timeframe.
- Presentation Quality: Elevator pitch is creative, energetic and delivered a memorable message.
- Product/Service Competitive Advantage: Product or service concept and the benefit to customers is clear and compelling.
- Target Market: Market opportunity and potential returns are clear and compelling.
- Credibility: Candidate is believable as an entrepreneur with the passion and knowledge to successfully implement.
- Q & A: Ability to answer judge's questions.
Awards: Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. Additionally, the first and second place winners will advance to the regional contest event to take place Friday, April 18th at the Heartland Student Entrepreneur Conference held in Omaha, Nebraska to represent MCC in the College Division and have a chance to win more prizes.
- First Place:
MCC scholarship for 9.0 credit hours + will represent MCC at regional quick pitch @ the conference on 4/18
- Second Place:
MCC scholarship for 4.5 credit hours + will represent MCC at regional quick pitch @ the conference on 4/18
- Third Place:
MCC scholarship for 4.5 credit hours
Commitment: Selected awardees of MCC’s Quick Pitch Contest will formally agree to the following before awards will be made:
- Enable MCC to use their name, image, plan summary and outcomes in press releases, marketing, public speaking and other outreach activities with the student body at large and the community in general.
- Attend the Heartland Student Entrepreneur Conference on Friday, April 18th. The first and second place winners will represent MCC in the College Division Quick Pitch contest against other area collegiate students for additional prizes. If pre-approved by a MCC official ahead of time that the first or second place winner is unable to fulfill this obligation; the third place winner will step in accordingly to represent the school.
Questions: Address questions or requests for disability support to:
|MCC's Student Quick Pitch Contest - Important Dates At A Glance
||By midnight, Sunday, March 30, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
|FREE Pizza Dniner, Networking & Practice Session:
||6:00 - 7:00, Monday, March 31st, 2014. South Omaha Campus, ITC Conference Center, Room 120
|MCC Quick Pitch Contest:
||7:00 - 9:00, Monday, March 31, 2014. South Omaha Campus, ITC Conference Center, Room 120
|Heartland Student Entrepreneur Conference (regional conference where 1st & 2nd place MCC Quick Pitch Winners will represent MCC in the Collegiate Division):
||Friday, April 18th, 2014. 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Metropolitan Community College, Fort Omaha Campus, Swanson Conference Center. Building #22 (Inside the Institute For Culinary Arts)