home Future Students Current Students Faculty and Staff Business and Community Online Courses
Veteran Financial Services

The Military / Veterans Services Office is located at the South Omaha Campus, Connector Building, Room 134. Metropolitan Community College is pleased to report that all degrees, certificates and diplomas offered have been approved by the Veterans Administration for use with military funding resources.

The Military / Veterans Services Office provides advisory services relating to educational benefits to VA eligible students planning to enroll or enrolled at MCC. Forms and applications needed by the veteran or dependents eligible for VA educational benefits are available at the Veterans application portal VONAPP.

Many veteran students are eligible for more than one benefit. Before you apply for any Veteran Education benefit it is recommended that you speak with our Veterans Certifying Officials at 402-738-4619 or email at MCCVets@mccneb.edu.

Military/Veterans Services

We encourage you to visit our Military / Veterans Services website. Our mission is to serve active-duty, reserve, and guard service members; veterans; spouses; and qualified dependent students, enabling them to succeed in their educational and career goals at MCC.   http://www.mccneb.edu/mvs/default.asp

Veteran Educational Benefits

The following is a list of the current benefits available to veteran students and their families, to learn more about the specific benefit each one has been hyperlinked to the original source.

Chapter 30 MGIB
Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
Chapter 35 DEA Dependent Education Assistance
Chapter 1606 MGIB Select Reserve
Chapter 1607 REAP Reserve Education Assistance Program
Nebraska Tuition Credit (Reserves)
Nebraska Tuition Wavier (Dependents)
MyCaa (Active Spouses)

Additionally, some branches of service offer tuition assistance and tuition reimbursement that students can receive in conjunction with their VA benefits. Please see your military education office for more information.

To receive benefits, the entitled person must be in a specific program of study and be eligible to receive benefits. The student can only receive benefits for the courses required in that program. The student is required to attend all classes for which s/he is registered and maintain satisfactory academic progress. The eligible veteran will normally receive a monthly check, which may vary in amount since it is determined by class length and rate of pursuit.

If possible, a new veteran student should apply for benefits 30-60 days prior to the start of the quarter s/he plans to attend. However, application can be made at any time during the quarter. The student who has attended other institutions must request that official transcripts of credit earned at the institution(s) be sent directly to the Records Office for evaluation of prior credit into his/her current program of study. Certain veterans and veterans’ dependents may be eligible for additional benefits which include work-study and tutorial services.

The Department of Veteran Affairs determines final eligibility for all of the various VA educational programs.


Enrollment Verification

All students who are receiving the Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30, Selected Reserve Chapter 1606, or REAP Chapter 1607 must verify their enrollments monthly to receive payments. This verification can be done either by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) application on the GI Bill web site or by using the automated telephone system at 1-877-823-2378 and following the prompts. Please use your Social Security number to access WAVE or the telephone System.

Dropping Classes

If a VA student drops a course or withdraws from all classes, it is the student's responsibility to notify the Veterans Certifying Official - VCO at 402-738-4619. Courses dropped any time during the quarter, without mitigating circumstances, will result in an overpayment dating back to the first day of the quarter. Mitigating circumstances are defined as unavoidable and unsuspected events that directly interfere with the pursuit of a course and are beyond the student's control.

Transfer of Prior Credit

VA students are required to have all previous college course work evaluated toward their current Metro program. This evaluation will include any courses(s) taken at an approved educational institution, even if the course(s) was not paid for by VA. An official academic transcript(s) from all prior schools should be requested to be sent to the College's Records Office for this evaluation.

To Request your military transcripts please go to the following links.

Who's Eligible For JST Transcripts

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans

JTS System



The Military / Veterans Services staff are always willing to meet with you personally to help you achieve your educational objectives. Working with you and the VA Office, we will do our best to answer your questions and to assist you in meeting your educational goals.

E-Mail Us:


Telephone Numbers:
Veteran Financial Services: (402) 738-4619
VA Regional Office for Nebraska: 888-442-4551


8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Friday
No Appointments necessary.

Contact Us