AwardSpring Frequently Asked Questions
Students before starting your AwardSpring profile and applying for scholarships, please read through these helpful tips.
Students will need to:
- Fill-out all required fields to the best of your ability.
- Supply a user name, valid email address and a MCC ID #, (this is NOT your Social Security Number)
- Submit electronic documents in pdf format. If required documents aren't submitted, your application can't be reviewed. For detailed instructions download the AwardSpring Users Guide (coming soon).
- New students - PDF of either your GED scores or an unofficial high school transcript.
- Complete short-answer essays.
- Be in good academic standing at MCC.
- Fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. Some scholarships require students to show financial need.
- Consult the Financial Aid Office at your campus for more information.
Important Note: Students who apply for scholarships for which they are not eligible will be disqualified from all scholarship applications.
Here are a few frequently asked questions. To view the downloadable AwardSpring Users Guide click here.
- What is my Student ID and how do I find it?
- Your student ID is your 7 digit MCC ID #. You can find this on your class schedule.
- Current MCC Student – Currently attending MCC
- New MCC Student – attending MCC next quarter
- High School Senior – Currently taking classes at an area high school and plans to take classes at MCC when finished
- Dual Enrollment – high school students taking college courses that give high school credit, too.
- Transfer Student – transferring from another school to MCC.
- Degree Type – Pick the degree that is listed on your “MyWAy Portal”.
- Academic Information
- Program Major - If your major is not listed in AwardSpring, please contact Lisa Stepanek at email@example.com to report it.
- GPA - This is based on what your current MCC cumulative GPA is. If you are a first time student, then you would input 0.00 as your GPA.
- If you have a scanned copy of your high school transcripts that you can upload, you can input your high school GPA.
- Earned credits - these are your earned credits at MCC.
- Financial Need - Scholarships based on financial need require a completed FAFSA on file with the MCC Financial Aid office.
- Take your time and do your best. Essays are scored based on spelling, grammar and content.
- How to Apply? AwardSpring will recommend scholarships based on your answers in the General Information, Academic Information and the Qualifications Questions sections. Each scholarship will have an Apply Now, Complete Follow-up or Not Qualified button. For detailed instructions download the AwardSpring Users Guide (coming soon).