Stars Online Frequently Asked Questions
Students before starting your Stars Online profile and applying for scholarships, please read through these helpful tips.
Students will need to:
- Fill-out all required fields to the best of your ability.
- Supply a user name, valid email address and a MCC ID #, (this is NOT your Social Security Number)
- Submit electronic documents in pdf format. If required documents aren't submitted, your application can't be reviewed. For detailed instructions download the Stars Online FAQ.
- Current/Returning students - PDF copies of your Unofficial Transcript. You will find this report in your MyWay Portal.
- New students - PDF of either your GED scores or and unofficial high school transcript.
- Complete short-answer essays.
- Be in good academic standing at MCC.
- Fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. Some scholarships require students to show financial need.
- Consult the Financial Aid Office at your campus for more information.
Important Note: Students who apply for scholarships for which they are not eligible will be disqualified from all scholarship applications.
Here are a few frequently asked questions. To view the complete Stars Online FAQ click here.
- What is my Student ID and how do I find it?
- Your student ID is your 7 digit MCC ID #. You can find this on your class schedule.
- Current/New Student - attending MCC next quarter
- Dual Enrollment - high school students taking college courses that give high school credit, too.
- Currently in High School - taking MCC classes, but not getting high school credit for them.
- Degree Type - Pick the degree that is listed on your “MyWAy Portal”.
- If your major is not listed in Stars Online, please contact Lisa Stepanek at firstname.lastname@example.org to report it.
- Financial Need - Scholarships based on financial need require a completed FAFSA on file with the MCC Financial Aid office.
- Take your time and do your best. Essays are scored based on spelling, grammar and content.
- How do I upload my Unofficial Transcript? For detailed instructions download the Stars Online FAQ.
- How to Apply? Stars Online will recommend scholarships based on your answers in the previous sections. Each scholarship will have an Apply Now button on the right side. For detailed instructions download the Stars Online FAQ.