This is an evolving document which we will replace as we confirm more information.
☆ We are proud to announce the 2014 MainStage and PlayLab selections. Many thanks to all the playwrights who submitted their work.
☆ Great Plains Theatre Conference names Kia Corthron as 2014 Honored Playwright.
- Matthew Ivan Bennett, The Cause — Salt Lake City, UT
- Cody Daigle, In the Bones — Scott, LA
- David Hilder, Drown — New York, NY
- John Morogiello, Civilizing Lusby — Montgomery Village, MD
- Josh Wilder, Leftovers — Minneapolis, MN
- Tiffany Antone, Twigs and Bone — Waco, TX
- Claudia Barnett, Witches Vanish — Lascassas, TN
- Anne Bertram, The Good Fight — Minneapolis, MN
- James Christy, Egyptian Song — Princeton, NJ
- Murphi Cook, Birds of America — Pittsburgh, PA
- Nancy Cooper Frank, Daniil Kharms: A Life in One Act and Several Dozen Eggs — San Francisco, CA
- Jennifer Faletto, Bathroom Hate — Boulder, CO
- Lindsey Ferrentino, Ugly Lies the Bone — Brooklyn, NY
- Daniel Giles, Sea Change — Pittsburgh, PA
- Jessica Lewis, Knock Off — Brooklyn, NY
- Bonnie Metzgar, You Lost Me — Chicago, IL
- Tira Palmquist, Two Degrees — Irvine, CA
- Robert Plowman, The Route 19 Roadside Choir Of Dead Babies Invites You To Visit "The Fountain of Youth" Museum & Gift Shop — Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Dean Poynor, Together We are Making A Poem In Honor Of Life — New York, NY
- Cecelia Raker, Skinwalking — Brighton, MA
- Amy Schleunes, IHOP Is No Rent-A-Center — Granada, Nicaragua
- Jordan Seavey, The Third Thing — Brooklyn, NY
- Celine Song, The Feast — Brooklyn, NY
- Eva Suter, We Only Go Home in Retrograde — Austin, TX
- Michael Tooher, The Perfect Sameness of Our Days — Portland, ME
- Evan Twohy, Permission — Brooklyn, NY
- Jennie Webb, Crazy Bitch — Los Angeles, CA
- Nia Witherspoon, The Messiah Complex — Tallahassee, FL
- Michael Yichao, Goose — Burbank, CA
☆ 2014 Call for Local Actors, Directors and Technical Staff
The 9th-annual Great Plains Theatre
Conference (GPTC) seeks actors, directors, and technical
personnel! Casting begins in February, 2014.
☆ Call for Plays
The 2014 Call for Plays is now closed.
Thank you for your interest.
Notification to playwrights on the status of their plays will begin on Jan. 15. All selections will be finalized by March 15.
The 2015 Call for Plays will begin September 1, 2014!
The GPTC Reader: 2013 MainStage
Get your copy of our recently published anthology The GPTC Reader: 2013 MainStage!