For Photos and DVDs, look here!
To order 2014 Commencement Ceremony photos, go to LifeTouch beginning May 21, 2014.
To order a DVD or Blu-ray of the entire ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-305-0939.
FAQs About MCC's Commencement Ceremony
MCC Commencement Ceremony
The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually to recognize students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters).
At MCC, graduation occurs at the end of each quarter and denotes the completion of a program of study. Degrees and certificates of achievement are mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of each quarter to qualifying students.
When is the next ceremony?
MCC's 2015 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 19th, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. This ceremony is for graduates of the 2014-15 academic year for the following quarters:
- 2014-15 Summer
- 2014-15 Fall
- 2014-15 Winter
- 2014-15 Spring
Additional Commencement Ceremony Information will be posted as details are available.
Who may participate?
You must have completed the graduation application process (degree and certificate of achievement graduates only) to receive your degree or certificate and participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Please refer to your My Services account to verify completion of the process.
What color are caps and gowns?
Black. Graduates are required to wear a cap and gown to participate in the commencement ceremony.
What can honor society members wear?
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa, Kappa Beta Delta, Alpha Delta Omega, and the National Technical Honor Society are eligible to wear the tassel, pin, sash, or medallion of their honor society.
- Contact your honor society advisor for information on ordering.
- Order early to ensure delivery in time for graduation.
How will I know if I graduate with honors?
- To graduate with honors, a student must earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above in his/her program of study - (degrees and certificates of achievement only).
- Honors graduates will receive an Honors medallion on a gold ribbon to wear during the ceremony, when they receive their name card.
- The medallion is theirs to keep.
Is there a limit on how many guests to invite to the ceremony?
No, but we strongly encourage families to allow plenty of time to park and find seats.
Is there a charge for family and guests, or do they need tickets?
Will I receive my diploma at the ceremony?
No. A diploma cover is used for the ceremony. Graduates will receive their diploma through the mail about four to six weeks after the term of program completion.
For further information about the commencement ceremony, please contact:
Lynn Smith at 402-457-2568, or email@example.com
Diplomas and certificates of achievement for each quarter are mailed 4-6 weeks after the end of that quarter.
For questions about the graduation application process, please contact:
- An academic advisor at any Student Services office, or
- Call 402-457-2400 to make an appointment with an advisor
For GED graduation ceremony information, please contact:
- Adult Basic Education, 402-457-2312