Consider joining the MCC Friends and Alumni Network today! More Details
Step 1: Complete your Degree Audit/Program Evaluation. Contact an Academic Advisor if there are any questions, adjustments or requirements missing before beginning the actual application.
Step 2: Complete the application for graduation found in My Services under Academic Profile. A separate application must be submitted for each degree, certificate of achievement, or career certificate you are receiving. An email for each application will be sent to your MCC email account.
Step 3: Please access your My Way account frequently for updates to your graduation application status which will change as the quarter progresses. Official review of graduation applications will not start until a couple of weeks after the start of the quarter that you have applied for. It takes several weeks for all applicants to be reviewed.
To view the status of your application:
- Go to www.mccneb.edu - My Way
- Log in
- Click on My Services link
- Click on Communication link
- Click on My Documents link
The following are status updates that you may see:
- Received - Received indicates that your graduation application was received by the Records Department.
- In Progress - In progress indicates that your graduation application is approved after the currently enrolled courses are passed successfully.
- Met - Met indicates that your requirements have been met.
- Not Met - Not met indicates that your graduation requirements have not been met. You will receive a letter to see an advisor.
NOTE: Awards are mailed approximately four to six weeks after the end of each quarter to qualifying students.
Step 4: Participate in the annual MCC Commencement Ceremony (optional)
- The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually in May to recognize students (degree and certificate of achievement only*) who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters).
- Information about the ceremony can be found on the MCC Graduation Information page at www.mccneb.edu/graduation/. The page is updated as additional details are available.
- Qualifying graduates* who have applied to graduate will be contacted beginning mid-March with complete information about the ceremony and how to purchase their cap and gown at MCC campus book stores.
* Career certificate recipients are not eligible to participate in the annual commencement ceremony.
NOTE: If you have ever received a student loan while attending Metropolitan Community College, you are required to complete online exit counseling.
Go to http://www.mccneb.edu/fa/ and select "Loans" (left hand column), scroll down to the loan counseling heading and follow the on-line instructions. If you have questions or problems, you may call the Central Financial Aid Office at 402-457-2330 for assistance.