All new and transfer F-1 students are encouraged to attend for "Orientation for International Students" class, WORK 1011. This class will review immigration policies and learn about the services available at Metropolitan Community College. The class includes lunch conversations with many MCC employees and students and some surprises! Please call (402) 457-2281 for more information about WORK 1011. It has been the key to a successful educational experience for many MCC students.
Academic Resource Center, Math Center, Writing Center, and Tutoring
Metropolitan Community College provides services to enhance student learning at no additional cost to the student. The Academic Resource Center (ARC) houses computers and a wealth of resources as well as tutoring services. To learn more about these resources, please visit these websites:
Students may go to Student Services with a copy of their students schedules and photo ID to request a student ID. The ID will allow the student to use the library, learning center, and computer lab at any campus. It may also be used for student discount tickets throughout the city.
Each car must have a parking permit. The permit is free and is available in Student Services.
Aetna Student Health Insurance
All international students are required to purchase Aetna Student Health Insurance upon arrival at MCC. Aetna is known nationwide by colleges and universities as a market leader in providing quality health insurance solutions for students. Aetna serves nearly half a million members and have been providing products and services to colleges for over 25 years. The result is an outstanding and reliable array of health insurance services, with greater ease of use, professional accountability to you and the College and an excellent service record.
Highlights of the plan include:
- Access to local and national preferred providers
- $50,000 maximum benefit per Accident or Sickness per Policy Year
- Access to Vision, Fitness and Alternative Health Care Discount Programs
- Access to Travel Assistance Services and Worldwide Medical Coverage while traveling or studying abroad
- 24 hour nurse telephone line
- Coverage for prescription drugs that includes a copay per generic drug and a copay per brand name drug up to a maximum of $500 per Policy Year
- Aetna Health ConnectionsSM Disease Management Program