Bridge to Success (BTS) is a program that provides high school students with an opportunity to have an on-campus experience while in high school. Students enroll in courses designed to promote student success by enhancing study skills and exposing them to college curriculum and resources.
The Bridge to Success program provides a seamless transition for students from high school into college as well as prepares them to meet the academic expectations of colleges and universities.
Students will have an opportunity to earn one or two years of college credit upon high school graduation. Students can potentially complete a certification in a specialized area. Most credits are transferable to other colleges and universities.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be incoming high school freshman and sophomores only
- Attend an OPS High School
- Be committed to Academic excellence
- Be mature and respectful
Candidates must follow this Application Process:
- Complete an application
- Applications are mailed to high school freshmen and sophomores from and are available for pick up at OPS-Office of Accountability, 3215 Cuming Street.
- Students are inducted every two years or as funding permits.
(Contact Ingrid Berlin, Dean of Enrollment Services)
- Respond to essay questions
- Submit the application by the deadline to:
- Attend an interview session with a parent, guardian, or an adult supporter who is at least 18 years of age
- Sign a consent form by both the candidate and parent, guardian or an adult supporter
- Attend orientation with a parent, guardian or an adult supporter
- Classes are offered during MCC's winter and spring quarters.
- Students may take an optional course during the Summer quarter
- Classes are offered at the University of Nebraska-Omaha (UNO) during the Spring quarter
- Students are required to complete a series of College Success Strategies courses as a cohort of their high school peers.
- Placement into the classes is based upon COMPASS test results.
- Upon completion of the College Success Strategies courses, students may enroll in classes of choice toward a college major.
- Classes will consist of students in the general college population
- Students have the option of enrolling in college courses, on the campus of the University of Nebraska-Omaha (UNO) once the program requirements are met
The Bridge to Success program covers the cost of tuition, fees, books, transportation and nutrition.
This is an initiative conceived by the African American Achievement Council in collaboration with Omaha Public Schools (OPS) and area colleges and universities.
For more information, visit Bridge to Success.
Send all applications to:
Office of Educational Accountability
OPS's Teacher Administrative Center
3215 Cumming Street
Omaha, NE 68131
Bridge to Success Coordinator
Metropolitan Community College
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-0777