Databases: Criminal Justice & Law
Searches Academic Search Premier, Credo Reference,
OmniFile Full Text Select, Opposing Viewpoints, and SIRS Researcher.
Complete Database List
Databases marked with an asterisk * are provided by the Nebraska Library Commission with funding from the Nebraska State Legislature.
See also the following websites: Criminal Justice, Law, and Nebraska Law.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT (1985- )
4,500+ full-text journals from all academic disciplines with abstracts and indexing from an additional 8,000.
- Credo Reference - FULL TEXT
A selection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference books. Areas covered include criminal, civil, and commercial law.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
More than 40,000 eBooks on a wide selection of topics. Many are available for checkout and offline viewing.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center - FULL TEXT
Comprehensive career research database.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - Includes Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice; National Survey of State Laws; and Gale Encyclopedia of American Law.
- LexisNexis Academic - FULL TEXT (Dates vary)
Includes the following:
- Legal News Articles - Click on Sources (lower left), then choose Browse Sources, then select Area of Law.
- U.S. Law Reviews & Journals
- U.S. Federal & State Cases
- Landmark Cases - Click on US Legal (on the left), then Landmark Cases.
- Supreme Court Briefs (1936-current) - Click on US Legal (on the left), then Supreme Court Briefs.
- Shepard's Citations
- Federal Statutes, Codes, & Regulations
- State Statutes, Codes, & Regulations
- U.S. Tax Law
- U.S. Legal Reference - Click on US Legal (on the left), then Legal Reference.
- Canadian Law Journals - Click on International Legal (on the left), then Canadian Law Journals.
- Canadian Court Cases
- Canadian Legislation
- European Union, Commonwealth, and Foreign Nations
- Omaha World-Herald (NewsBank) - FULL TEXT (1983- )
Full text newspaper articles covering Nebraska and western Iowa.
- OmniFile Full Text Select (EBSCOhost) - FULL TEXT (1994- )
Includes full text articles on criminal justice and law-related issues and topics.
- Opposing Viewpoints - FULL TEXT
Pro/con coverage of controversial contemporary issues. Includes full text magazine and newspaper articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, and links to relevant websites.
- SIRS Researcher - FULL TEXT
Thousands of full text magazine and newspaper articles exploring current events and current issues.
- *WorldCat (FirstSearch) - CITATIONS/ABSTRACTS
A library catalog describing books, DVDs, and other materials available in libraries worldwide.