Films on Demand
- Streaming Videos - More than 300 videos covering art & architecture, criminal justice, business & economics, literature, philosopy & religion, psychology, science, sociology, and more. A user guide is available.
- Reel Bad Arabs - Throughout its history Hollywood has portrayed Arabs as buffoons or bandits. This video seeks to rectify this stereotyping by comparing it to other forms of racist imagery and by suggesting alternative narratives that treat the Arabs as human, not demons.
- Spitting Game: The College Hookup Culture - A powerful and timely exploration of hookup culture on college campuses. Does hookup culture offer young people a new and potentially liberating set of sexual rules or does it simply reinforce traditional gender roles and blur the line between consent and coercion?
- Tough Guise 2: Violence, Manhood & American Culture - In this highly anticipated update of the influential and widely acclaimed Tough Guise, pioneering anti-violence educator and cultural theorist Jackson Katz argues that the ongoing epidemic of men's violence in America is rooted in our inability as a society to move beyond outmoded ideals of manhood.
- The War Around Us - Tells the absorbing true story of the only two international journalists on the ground in Gaza during Israel's bombardment and invasion of the troubled Palestinian territory over a three-week period in 2008-9.
- White Like Me: Race, Racism & White Privilege in America - Explores race and racism in the U.S. through the lens of whiteness and white privilege.
Other Videos/Video Collections
- Black Studies in Video - Features award-winning documentaries, newsreels, interviews and archival footage surveying the evolution of black culture in the United States.
- Carved from the Heart -
Stan Marsden, a Tsimshian wood carver, loses his son to a cocaine overdose. Grieving, he decides to create a totem pole in his son's memory and invites the town of Craig, Alaska to help.
- Digital Theatre Plus - High quality theatrical productions, interviews, analyses of play texts, and other resources for educators, students, and theatre professionals. Off-campus users must request username/password from library staff.
Videos Available on MyWay
NOTE: Click on a video link to open a MyWay login screen which will take you to the library's MyWay site. Once there click on the video link again to watch it.
- For the Love of Liberty: the Story of America's Black Patriots - Gain an unprecedented look at the experiences and accomplishments of African Americans in the military, and learn why such a group of heroic men and women would fight for the freedom of others that they themselves weren't able to enjoy.
- How to Read a Textbook - Introduces students to the SQ3R system of reading comprehension--Survey, Question, Read, Recite, and Review. The program demonstrates how and why each is important in increasing reading efficiency.
Free Web Resources
- Academic Earth - More than 1,500 videos of courses and guest lectures from six top-rated universities.
- American Memory Collection - Early motion pictures from the Library of Congress.
- American Rhetoric Online Speech Bank - Audio and video of hundred of speeches given by politicians and other public figures.
- Annenberg Learner Videos - Approximately 100 videos covering the arts, foreign languages, literature, math, science, social studies & history.
- The Archaeology Channel - Short documentaries about peoples and sites around the world.
- Archive of American Television - More than 800 oral interviews with the legends of television.
- Crash Course! - Features short lectures about anatomy & physiology, astronomy, biology, chemistry, history, political science, and psychology.
- Documentary Lovers - Free documentary films.
- FRONTLINE - Documentaries from the PBS news program.
- Khan Academy - Math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- LearnersTV.com - Video lectures covering business, dentistry, history, law, literature, mathematics, medicine, nursing, philosophy, political science, psychology, science, and more.
- Moving Image Archive - Classic full-length films, daily alternative news broadcasts, cartoons and concerts, and more.
- Nature Online Streaming Video Archive - Videos summaries of selected articles published in Nature featuring interviews with the scientists who conducted the research.
- NOVA Education - Offers a variety of resources in anthropology, archaeology, geograpy, health science, history, and science & technology.
- Open Culture - "Watch 700 movies free online. Includes classics, indies, film noir, documentaries and other films, created by some of our greatest actors, actresses and directors."
- Open Vault - "Online access to unique and historically important content produced by the public television and radio station WGBH."
- PBS LearningMedia - Thousands of classroom-ready, curriculum-targeted digital resources.
- Smithsonian Videos - Videos offered by experts in art, design, history, culture, and science & technology.
- SnagFilms - Over 5,000 movies, TV show episodes, eye-opening documentaries and exclusive original comedy shorts.
- Science Channel - Sponsored by Discovery Communications' Science Channel.
- The Science Channel - Sponsored by Science TV.
- Steven Spielberg Film and Video Archive - Features films related to the Holocaust and World War II from the The Steven Spielberg Film and Video Archive at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- TED-Ed - "Carefully curated educational videos, many of which represent collaborations between talented educators and animators nominated through the TED-Ed platform."
- Videolectures.Net - Open-access video lectures by distinguished scholars and scientists.
- YouTube Education - Features some of the most popular educational videos across YouTube.