Sometimes referred to as Spouse Tuition Assistance, MyCAA provides eligible military spouses with up to $4,000 for education expenses at approved post-secondary education institutions. The benefit must be used towards a degree or certificate leading to employment in a portable career field.
You must meet all criteria:
1. A spouse of an active duty service member with a E1-E5, W1-W2 or O1-O2 pay grade or a spouse of Guard and Reserve service member who is on Title 10 orders
2. Enrolled in a "portable" degree field, as designated by the Department of Defense
3. Pursuing an associates degree, certificate or lincensure
*Coast Gaurd spouses are not eligible for MyCAA
To qualify for funding, you must enroll in a degree or certificate geared toward a portable career deemed by the Department of Defense. Since we are a community college and techincal school, we offer a majority of the eligible programs. If you are uncertain if your program qualifies for funding, contact MVSS.
Click here to see a complete list of eligible career fields
Click here to see a complete list of MCC programs
1. Eligible spouses will recieve a maximum benefit of $4,000, with a yearly cap of $2,000.
2. MyCAA does not pay for
computer education or training, graduation or membership fees, child care, transportation, or medical services.
3. If a spouse enrolls in a course without a MyCAA FA document, the spouse will be liable for the cost of the course.
4. MyCAA will not provide reimbursments to spouses under any circumstances.
5. Once approved for training, MyCAA payments are made to the school directly using MyCAA’s electronic invoicing system. You are responsible for any remaining balance.
1. You will need to create an account on the MyCAA webpage.
2. You will be required to complete a Career and Training Plan on the MyCAA website. On your Plan, you will need to designate Metropolitan Community College as your school of choice. You may need to work with an Academic Advisor at MCC to complete this process.
3. Make sure you register for classes and complete the MyCAA FA application before the official start date of your class.
If you have access to Offutt AFB, you are encouraged to contact David Reyes.
Dave Reyes, MCC Advisor
Offutt AFB, Bldg D. Basement (Education Office)
If you do not have access to Offutt AFB, you are encouraged to contact Military and Veteran Support Services.
Military and Veteran Support Services
South Omaha Campus, Con. 134
You can also contact
Military OneSource Career and Education Consultants for assistance with exploring career options and with completing the Career and Training Plan. You can call them toll-free at 1-800-342-9647