home Future Students Current Students Faculty and Staff Business and Community Online Courses
Transferring to MCC

Military Transfer Credit


Metropolitan Community College (MCC) seeks to grant the most credit possible for military training and experience.  Each military student who submits a DD-214 will be granted up to 3.5 credits in Physical Education (PHED) for basic training.  Additional credit hours may be awarded for military training and experience as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).

Some factors may limit the number of credits accepted, including departmental accreditation and program-specific requirements.  Credits not transferred as a specific class at MCC may be applied to either the major or general education requirements as undefined electives.  Credits granted do not apply toward fulfillment of MCC’s residency requirement for graduation (24 hours).    Military students pursuing specialized programs that have very few or no electives may find that they receive limited credits from their military experience. 

Documents eligible for transcript evaluation can include DD-214, DD-295, DD-2586, CCAF Transcript (Community College of the Air Force), SMART (Sailor/Marine ACE Registry Transcript), AARTS (Army/ACE Registry Transcript), CGI (Coast Guard Institute Transcript), and other official documents indicating military experience.  In addition, MCC accepts DSST (DANTES) and CLEP scores.       


Use of military credits to transfer from MCC to another institution depends on a number of factors, including whether the institution has a transfer credit agreement with MCC.  The institution receiving transfer courses makes the decision regarding award of transfer credit.  Military students should evaluate their transfer options carefully in consultation with the receiving institution. 

For additional information on military transfer credits, see an MCC military adviser


MCC Military Experience Equivalency

To view how your military experience might transfer to MCC, go to the MCC Course Equiavlency Search website.  Then select 'Military Experience' (non-Air Force) or 'Community College of the Air Force' (Air Force) to view the course equivalency. 



Order Military Service Records - DD214

You will need a copy of your discharge papers (DD-214) for the certification process. Veterans can obtain their DD214 at the National Archives website.

You may also obtain copies of military records electronically through the eBenefits portal.


Order Military Transcripts

   Seperated or Retired Prior to 1900 (all branches)


Order High School or GED Transcripts

   DODDS Transcript -GED or diploma obtained overseas during military service

   USAFI/GED Transcript -GED obtained during military service before Sept 1974

   Nebraska GED Transcript

   OPS High School Transcript



Order Standardized Test Scores

   College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)



General information on transferring to MCC


The address to send transcripts and other transfer documents is:

Metropolitan Community College

Attn: Records

PO Box 3777

Omaha, NE 68103

Send electronic transcripts to transcripts@mccneb.edu





Contact Us