What is 'Associate Degree Nurse? (ADN)'
The Associate Degree Nurse has both dependent and independent functions within a variety of healthcare environments throughout the community. This member of the healthcare team is able to select from a variety of therapeutic nursing interventions to provide care for clients. The graduate of this program is eligible to write the National Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) for licensure as a registered nurse.
The Associate Degree Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
Is it for you?
The successful ADN is caring and compassionate, focused and willing to learn, responsible, accountable and both self-directed AND a team player. If those characteristics describe who YOU are, perhaps a career in nursing would be good choice for you.
Jobs and Salary Expectations
Employment may be found in a variety of healthcare settings through the community. Salary expectations vary, based on those settings, but range from $30,00 to $40,000 annually for entry-level nurses.
- Nancy Pares, RN, MSN - Director of Nursing Programs/Nursing Instructor
- Alex Winter, RN, MSN- Assistant Director of Nursing Programs/Nursing Instructor
- Diana Blum, RN, MSN - Nursing Instructor
- Kristin Engel, RN, MSN - Nursing Instructor
- Jane Miller, RN, MSN-Nursing Instructor
- Traci Warren, RN, MSN - Nursing Instructor
- Lori Saville, RN, MSN-Nursing Instructor
- Alice Ludwig, RN, MSN - Nursing Tutor
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is a three-quarter program for the currently licensed PN. The program provides classroom instruction, laboratory experience and clinical practice to prepare the student for the role of the registered nurse.
Credit Classes and Registration
Registration for classes is completed by the Nursing Department. Students cannot self register for the Nursing Program. Students applying for the Nursing Program must meet with an advisor before submitting the application. An appointment with an advisor can be made by calling Metro's Call Center at 402-457-2400.
Admission Requirements -- PDF
Admission Requirements -- Word
ADN Application Packet