MCC and Metro are teaming up with Pass to Class, a program to encourage
bus ridership with MCC students. This exciting program allows all MCC
credit and GED students a Metro bus pass valid for a quarter that allows for
rides to and from MCC locations and for other education-related purposes.
The program was started to help both MCC and Metro. MCC students have
increased access to classes and locations and decreased parking congestion,
and MCC is able to study student travel patterns. Metro is looking at
ridership patterns and increasing their passengers. At the same time, this
program is helping reduce single-occupancy vehicle trips and decrease emissions
into the environment.
Rules of Use
- The Pass to Class will be used for getting to and from MCC
locations and for other education-related purposes.
- The Pass to Class is to be used only by the student enrolled in
credit and GED classes at MCC. Use by someone other than the enrolled
participant may result in termination from the program. Passes may
not be transferred between individuals and will be deactivated upon
voluntary or involuntary disenrollment from MCC classes.
- One Pass to Class pass will be issued at the start of each
quarter; thereafter, the student is subject to a $25 fee for the
replacement of any lost or stolen bus pass. (only one replacement allowed)
- Students will be responsible for showing their MCC Student ID Card along with their Pass to Class card when entering the bus. Students who do not have their MCC ID at time of service may be denied service.
- All Metro rules and regulations must be followed. Failure to abide
by the Metro rules and regulations may result in termination from the
- See 'Helpful Tips & Rules' for a printable version of Metro's Pass to Class information.
Who Is Eligible?
Any MCC student enrolled in credit classes are eligible for a Pass to
Class good for the quarter of enrollment.
Where Can Passes Be Picked Up?
The passes can be picked up at any MCC Student Services at any time during
the quarter. MOBY riders need to contact Disability Support Services on the
Fort Omaha or South Omaha campus.
How Long Are the Passes Usable?
The bus cards are valid for one quarter; they will no longer work after the
last day of class of the quarter.
What Happens If the Pass Is Lost
If a Pass to Class bus pass is lost, a replacement can be picked up at
any Student Services for $25 and the old card will be deactivated. (only one replacement allowed)
The Ins and Outs of Riding with Metro
(www.ometro.com) provides the novice bus rider
with information on how to plan a bus trip, reading schedules, identifying
the right bus, hailing a bus, boarding, standing, fareboxes, transferring and
Passes can be picked up starting the Monday before classes begin and expire at midnight on the last day of classes.
Spring quarter 2013
- Pick up passes starting Monday, March 4
Students enrolled in Spring quarter
- Passes deactivated – Thursday, May 23
All Spring passes will be deactivated at midnight
Summer quarter 2013
- Pick up passes starting Monday, June 3
Students enrolled in the ten-week and first five-week sessions
- Passes deactivated – Thursday, July 11
Five five-week session Summer passes will be deactivated at midnight
- Pick up passes starting Monday, July 8
Students enrolled in the second five-week session
- Passes deactivated – Thursday, Aug. 15
All ten-week and second five-week session Summer passes will be deactivated
Fall quarter 2013
- Pick up passes starting Monday, Aug. 26
Students enrolled in Fall quarter
- Passes deactivated – Monday, Nov. 18
All Fall passes will be deactivated at midnight