Nebraska Resident High School students will receive half-price Tuition.
Career Academy is designed to provide high school juniors and seniors with opportunities to explore various career fields and get a jumpstart on their post-secondary education.
"I remember that we are to be respectful and responsible for our own learning from this point on, we are in charge of our future and the options of jobs and things need to be kept in mind always." ~ Kiaya Barr, Theater Academy Student
- applications are available through the counselor at each participating high school
- application deadline is March 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year
Program Expectations and Requirements
Through the Career Academy, students will learn and apply:
- practical skills and information for specific career areas
- safety procedures
- employability skills
- interpersonal skills for the workplace
- be a high school junior or senior
- be 16 years old or older
- be selected to participate by application
- have transportation to and from classes and internship/apprenticeship site
Programs in 2013–2014
Auto Collision Technology
Automotive Technology (Juniors Preferred)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Construction Technology NEW!
Early Childhood Education
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
(Seniors Only for EMT)
Introduction to the Trades/Manufacturing/Internship
Process Operations Technology
Career Academy Forms:
The application deadline is March 1, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year.
Metropolitan Community College
Attn: Pat Addison
PO Box 3777, Bldg #7
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
Pat Addison Resource Specialist