Nebraska Resident High School students will receive half-price Tuition.
Career Academy is designed to provide high school juniors and seniors with opportunities to explore various career fields and get a jumpstart on their post-secondary education.
"I remember that we are to be respectful and responsible for our own learning from this point on, we are in charge of our future and the options of jobs and things need to be kept in mind always." ~ Kiaya Barr, Theater Academy Student
- applications are available through the counselor at each participating high school
- application deadline is March 3, 2014 for the 2014-2015 school year
Program Expectations and Requirements
Through the Career Academy, students will learn and apply:
- practical skills and information for specific career areas
- safety procedures
- employability skills
- interpersonal skills for the workplace
- be a high school junior or senior
- be 16 years old or older
- be selected to participate by application
- have transportation to and from classes and internship/apprenticeship site
Programs in 2014–2015
Auto Collision Technology
Automotive Technology (Juniors Preferred)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Early Childhood Education
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
(Seniors Only for EMT)
Fire Science Technology (FIST) NEW!
Introduction to the Trades/Manufacturing/Internship
Process Operations Technology
Career Academy Forms:
Are closed for the 2014-2015 school year. Check back in January 2015.
Metropolitan Community College
PO Box 3777, Bldg #7
Omaha, NE 68103-0777
My Way login help.