Students wishing to demonstrate proficiency for a MCC class may challenge a course(s) listed below by taking a proficiency examination. Students must be in good standing and cannot have completed the course previously with a grade of an A, B, C, D, F, or I. Credit granted will not apply toward fulfillment of MCC's residency requirements for graduation. Transfer of credits awarded is up to the receiving institution.
A fee of $40 (non-refundable) for each proficiency examination is payable to the campus cashier's office (located in the campus Student Services Office) prior to testing.
See below for a summary of available Proficiency Examinations.
|*ARTS any course with a portfolio
||ELEC any course
||WELD any course except WELD 2800
*ARTS - Instead of an exam, an art portfolio is required
**HIMS and INFO Proficiency Exams are administered at the Sarpy Center Campus; appointments are required, set up through the following number, 402-537-3803.
To demonstrate proficiency for a MCC college credit course a student:
- Must be in good standing and cannot be currently enrolled in the class nor have previously completed the course
- Must be certificate or degree seeking
- Must be currently enrolled and have satisfactorily completed a term at MCC
- Institutional course proficiency may not be earned for any course in which a student has already earned a grade of A, B, C, D, F, I, AUDIT.
- For more information about proficiency exams please contact one of the MCC Testing Centers listed below.
| MCC Testing Centers Locations
|Elkhorn Valley Campus
||204 West Dodge Road
|Fort Omaha Campus
|| 30th and Fort Streets
FOC 10 Room 121
|South Omaha Campus
|| 2907 Gomez Avenue
|| 9110 Giles Rd LaVista
Click here for the Course Proficiency Application