All requests to change the name on a diploma or certificate must be made in writing.
In order to reissue a diploma or certificate with a different name, students must:
- Complete the Request to Reissue Diploma form
- Complete the Name Change Request form
- Provide two forms of identification bearing the changed name
- One of the documents must contain a photograph
- Driver’s License or State ID card
- Social Security card
- Court issued document
- Birth certificate
- Marriage license
- Divorce decree
If the request is made in person, the student may submit the form and documentation at any campus or center Student Services location, or the Records Office. Students may also mail the notarized form and copies of the required documents to:
Metropolitan Community College
PO Box 3777
Omaha NE 68103
Important Notice: Replacement diplomas will be noted REISSUE with the reissue date.
Your name will not be changed in the MCC system without a Name Change Request form being submitted.
Student Services will forward the completed required forms and copies of documentation to the Records Office, Fort Omaha Campus, Building 5.