STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL (SAC)
2012 ELECTION RESULTS
Board of Governors Student Ex-Officio Ndu Kowa
Fort Omaha Campus Representative Ndu Kowa
Elkhorn Valley Campus Representative Ray Hogan
South Omaha Campus Representative Lisa Bryant
Applied Technology Center Representative Mike Johnson
Fremont Center Representative Amanda Rummel
Sarpy Center Representative Ndu Kowa
Students and staff may Click Here to access SAC's My Way Site
Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors
The student Ex Officio serves on the MCC Board of Governors to enhance the flow of communication and information among students, the Board of Governors, and the college administration. This individual provides updates at the monthly board meetings regarding student interests and issues.
The Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors is elected annually for a one-year term from among the members of the newly elected College-Wide Student Advisory Council.
What are the Expectations for the Student Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors (BOG)?
- The Student Ex-Officio is elected by the Student Advisory Council (SAC) to represent the student wide body.
- An Ex Officio member of the BOG sits with the BOG, to offer a report and participate in discussions of agenda items.
- The Student Ex-Officio must be able to attend the monthly Board of Governors meetings, which are normally held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m., as well as special meetings and retreats.
What are the privileges of the Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors?
Click here to read the Privileges of an ExOfficio Member of the Board of Governors
Return to Top
What is a Student Advisory Council?
- What is a Student Advisory Council?
The Student Advisory Council was established to enhance communication between students and the College. Members are elected in the fall to represent each campus by the student body.
- What are the requirements?
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing at MCC for at least six (6) credit hours in credit courses
- Minimum cumulated grade point average of 2.0
- Not employed by MCC other than in a work-study capacity
- Remain enrolled for at least six (6) credit hours during each quarter (not including summer quarter) during the term of the Student Advisory Council, November - December
- Expectations for Student Advisory Council Members
- Attend monthly meetings with Vice President for Campuses and Student Affairs
- Establish regular office hours with your Campus Dean to be available to fellow students
- Help with welcome week activities at your campus each quarter
Return to Top
last updated 11/20/2012 2:57