|Make-Up and Retake Examination Guidelines for Faculty
MCC Testing Services offers placement, assessment, and certification testing as well as test proctoring for individual students who may have missed an in-class exam due to extenuating circumstances.
Submitting a Test
- A separate test transmittal form must accompany each individual exam submitted to the Testing Center. Transmittal forms are available online here or in the Forms Bank.
- Please complete the “Test Taking Instructions” section carefully, noting any materials (such as scratch paper or calculator) allowed during test administration, including your contact phone number, and specifying the date by which the exam must be completed. If an exam has complex instructions, feel free to consult with a Testing Center staff member to ensure that the student receives correct instructions.
- To maintain accurate records and protect the integrity of your exams, tests, accompanied by completed transmittal forms, must arrive in the Testing Center no later than 24 hours prior to the student’s earliest expected testing date.
- Tests and completed transmittal forms may be dropped off in person, delivered via intercampus mail, or emailed to the following Testing Center addresses:
Test Limits Per Class and Per Student
- Testing Services can only proctor tests for individual students who were unable to attend an in-class exam due to extenuating or emergency circumstances.
- Due to constraints on staff time and testing space, we may not administer tests to entire classes for instructors who must be absent, even if students make separate individual appointments at staggered times. Our technicians cannot distribute nor collect take-home exams.
- For credit courses, instructors may keep one test per student per class in the Testing Center files at any one time. If a second test for the same student and the same course is received, the first exam will be returned to the instructor to make space for the second.
- For developmental and modular math courses in which students routinely retake exams as part of the class design, instructors may keep a maximum of two tests per student on file.
Student Requirements, Appointments, and Walk-In Testing
- Tests are available to students 24 hours after Testing Services receives them.
- Appointments are strongly encouraged. Walk-in testing, though permitted, is subject to time and space constraints.
- All testing requires a current, valid photo ID.
Questions? Contact the Coordinator of Academic Student Support Services @ 457-2677.
Guidelines for Students
Guidelines for students regarding use of MCC's Testing Centers