Free Drop-in Tutoring
Metropolitan Community College provides free tutoring to help strong students excel even more, assist struggling students in overcoming obstacles to success, and enhance every student's academic college experience.
Free drop-in assistance in many academic subjects --including chemistry, accounting, and foreign language courses -- is available in most of MCC's Learning and Tutoring Centers.
MCC students enrolled in credit classes are encouraged to seek tutoring as often as desired. Check the schedule for tutor availability in your subject, then simply drop in during the scheduled hours to receive free assistance. No appointment is necessary!
Summer Quarter Tutoring Schedules
SUMMER QUARTER TUTORING BEGINS JUNE 6
Math Tutoring & Math Study Tables
MCC's Math Center provides drop-in tutoring for all math courses.
Additionally, students enrolled in MATH 0900, 0910, 0930, 0931, or 0960 may receive unlimited tutorial assistance at our Math Study Tables during scheduled hours: Math Study Tables Schedule - Summer Quarter 2014-2015
At the Fort and South Omaha Campuses, Math Study Tables take place within the Learning and Tutoring Centers.
For information about tutoring and Math Study Tables at Metropolitan Community College, call (402) 457-2432 for the Fort Omaha Campus or (402) 738-4740 for the South Omaha
Tutoring as an Instructional Assistant in MCC's Learning and Tutoring Centers
Metropolitan Community College hires people who are passionate about learning and skilled at sharing their subject matter expertise to tutor students in our Learning and Tutoring Centers at Fort Omaha Campus, South Omaha Campus, Elkhorn Valley Campus, Sarpy Center, and Fremont Area Center.
The minimum qualifications for these rewarding part-time jobs include the following:
- Pursuit of, or possession of, an associate's degree.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 with a minimum of 42 quarter hours (or the equivalent) of academic work.
- Minimum of "B" grades in coursework related to the subject of tutorial interest.
- Ability to provide documentation proving successful course completion and/or to prove subject area proficiency through review with a faculty member.
- Ability to secure two (2) written recommendations - from faculty members, if a current student.
- Tutoring, teaching, or other instructional experience preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience considered.
- Must pass a background check.
For more details about tutoring as an Learning and Tutoring Center Instructional Assistant, check the "Temporary Positions" section of MCC's employment opportunity postings or call (402) 457-2432 or (402) 738-4740.