What is 'Utility Line? (UTIL)'
UTIL Video Clip
The Utility Line Technician program prepares students to enter an apprenticeship with an electric utility company or electrical contractor. Students learn basic line technician skills such as:
2009 Class Pictures
2010 CLASS PICTURES
KETV Utility Line Rodeo Video
Is It For You?
Individuals interested in this program should have the following characteristics:
- Ability to work at heights
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solver
Jobs and Salary Expectations
Both program options cover identical coursework and lead to an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
Students begin the first day of class without having the advantage of knowing any of their classmates. Almost immediately friendships begin to develop and relationships continue to grow throughout the year. Click HERE to view some pictures.
- Tuition & Fees - Successful graduates must complete 96 credit hours of study
- Tools & Safety Equipment - Students are required to purchase tools and safety equipment at a cost of approximately $1,600.
- Tool List
Students are admitted based on an application process that rewards incoming students on their preparation to enter the program. Completing the required General Education classes, Grade Point Average, prior degrees earned, and holding a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) are criteria used to determine who will enter the program. A complete explanation of the admission process can be found in the Admission Policy.
How To Get Started
- Request for Information Form - Fill out this form and you will be sent an information packet.
- Admission Policy - This policy details the requirements you need to fulfill for completion of the application process.
- Application Form - This form must be filled out and returned by the due date or you will not be considered as a candidate for the program.
- Application Form (Online) - The application process can be completed online by filling out this form.
- Applications must be received by the due dates to be considered for entry into the program
- Fall - Application Deadline is June 1, 2015 for September 2015 classes
- Spring - Application Deadline is Jan. 1, 2016 for classes beginning March 2016
Credit Classes and Registration
- Find Class Schedule
- Register for Classes - To register please call 402-763-5820 and speak with an advisor