Robert F. Hites, former Division Vice-President and Controller of the Ralston Purina Chow Division and an Assistant Professor of Accounting at St. Louis Community College, St. Louis, Missouri, established the Hites Family Community College Scholarship Foundation in 1990. Through Mr. Hites’ generosity, academically high-achieving students have had the opportunity to pursue their last two years of work toward baccalaureate degrees.
Mr. Hites was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and earned a degree in business administration from Washington University in St. Louis. He served in the Army in the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. Mr. Hites worked for the Ralston Purina Chow Division for 32 years and retired in 1980. From 1981 to 1989 he taught accounting at St. Louis Community College at Meramec.
Mr. Hites passed away in 1995.
- The scholarship is for students transferring from MCC to a baccalaureate degree granting university.
- Minimum of 50 semester hours at the time of transfer.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 system.
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student in a regionally accredited four-year educational institution leading to a baccalaureate degree.
- Scholarship is payable over four semesters in equal amounts.
- Student must maintain a 2.75 GPA during the first semester of the first year and a 3.0 cumulative GPA during each of the following semesters.