This scholarship was established in 2004 in honor of Jordan Lee Whitney and to support students majoring in any degree program at MCC.
- Preference to students who participated in home schooling
- Financial need may be considered but is not required
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 if student has attended high school or taken college level classes
- Majoring in an associate degree or certificate program at MCC
- Pursuing an Apprenticeship Program (Electrical or Plumbing), Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT), or Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate (CNA)
- High school student in developmental classes or above
- Exhibit a high degree or moral character and good citizenship as indicated in a letter of reference from a clergy member, high school teacher or counselor, or civic organization