Today's workplace requires a new kind of worker, one who possesses not only technical skills but also the ability to problem solve, think critically, work in a team environment and be a life-long learner. Courses in Workplace Skills focus on helping students communicate more effectively, think creatively and develop strategies for personal and workplace success.
The following classes make up the Workplace Skills offerings:
- Career and Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension for English Language Learners I & II
- Career Planning
- Learning Anxiety
- Introduction to Microcomputer Technology
- Employability Skills
- Secrets of Business Success
- Interpersonal Communication Skills for the Workplace
- Employability Skills for Process, Power and Energy-Related Fields
- Orientation for International Students
Our Mission Statement
This mission of the Workplace Skills Department is to strengthen students' basic employability and life skills through high-quality instructional experiences that model on-the-job expectations and foster workplace success.
Current Course Descriptions
The current WORK catalog course descriptions are available online. You may also pick up a hard copy of the current catalog from any Student Services office.