What is accreditation?
Accreditation is an evaluation that colleges and universities choose to under go. This voluntary evaluation compares their college to established standards and is conducted by a reviewing agency. Colleges are evaluated on many criteria, including degree programs, governance and administration, financial stability, admissions and student services, institutional resources, student learning, institutional effectiveness and relationships with internal and external constituencies. The college's accreditation is then periodically reevaluated to make sure it continues to hold up to the established standards. An accredited college can lose its accreditation if the reviewing agency believes it no longer maintains the established standards.
Why is it important?
Accreditation is an important qualification for students who are applying for federal loans and grants. Many employers look for an education from an accredited college because that says you have received a level of education that meets or exceeds the established standards for education. The courses you take and degree you earn from an accredited college is generally more acceptable for transfer to other schools should you decide to pursue your education.
MCC is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
In May 2013, MCC's institutional accreditation was reaffirmed by the Higher Learning Commission through the 2022-2023 academic year.
All college programs are approved by the Nebraska State Department of Education for veterans' educational benefits.
In addition to institutional accreditation, the accrediting bodies of various professional associations approve many MCC educational programs.
- The Accounting and Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 11520 W. 119th St., Overland Park, KS 66213.
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326.
- The Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs are approved by the Nebraska Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 95044, Lincoln, NE 68509.
- The Automotive Technology and Auto Collision Technology programs are accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), 101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 101, Leesburg, VA 20175.
- The Automotive Technology Program is an NC3 partner, NATEF Master Certified and a member of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CAP Local.
- The Culinary Arts and Management program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation's Accrediting Commission (ACFEF),10 San Bartola Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32086.
- The Dental Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation, 211 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611.
- The Diesel Technology program is an NC3 partner, offers NC3 certifications and is a Daimler Trucks North America Get Ahead Program.
- The Early Childhood Education program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), 1313 L Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005.
- The Certified Financial Planning Certificate of Achievement in personal financial planning is a registered program with Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc., 1425 K Street NW #800, Washington, DC 20005.
- The Health Data and Information Management program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM), 200 East Randolph Street, Suite 5100, Chicago, IL 60601.
- The Human Services (general) program is accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE), 3337 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-5219.
- Insurance courses are approved by the Nebraska Department of Insurance, 941 O Street, P.O. Box 82089, Lincoln, NE 68501-2089.
- The Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 - 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775.
- The Paralegal program is approved by the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60610.
- The Paramedicine program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 - 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, Florida 33775.
- The Precision Machine Technology program offers National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials.
- Real Estate courses are approved by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 94667, Lincoln, NE 68509. All online real estate courses are approved by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO), 150 North Wacker Drive, Suite 920, Chicago, IL 60606.
- The Respiratory Care Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 264 Precision Blvd, Telford, TN 37690, USA.
- Theatre Technology is a registered apprenticeship program approved to grant an apprenticeship certificate by the U.S. Department of Labor, Frances Perkins Building, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20210.