Serve as the primary council body in the College’s Employee Involvement System to consider issues related to teaching and learning.
- Identifies important issues related to teaching and learning.
- Considers issues and recommendations.
- Creates ad-hoc charter groups to explore key issues related to teaching and learning.
- Makes recommendations to vice president for Academic Affairs.
- Reports Council activities to constituents.
Thomas McDonnell, vice president for Academic Affairs
Faculty member elected annually by Council membership - Deb Holst
- Dean of Math and Natural Sciences - Mike Flesch
- Dean of Industrial Technology - Kirk Ahrends
Faculty representatives from each of the following areas:
- Applied Technology - Al Cox
- Business and Human Services - Richard Carter
- Culinary, Hospitality and Horticulture - Steve Bell
- English, English as a Second Language and Reading - Deb Holst
- Health and Public Services - Candy Ryan
- Humanities and Visual Arts - Andrea Lang
- Information Technology and E-Learning - Mary Vorpi
- Literacy and Workplace Skills - Tammy Madsen
- Math and Natural Sciences - Rachel Neurath
- Social Sciences - Joy Schulz
- Curriculum Design Studio - Cindy Catherwood
- Adjunct faculty (general ed/transfer area) - Brock Hanisch
- Adjunct faculty (career program area) - Don Glenn
- Vice president for Academic Affairs - Tom McDonnell
- Vice president of Student Affairs - Arthur Rich (or designee)
- Faculty ex-officio - Al Cox
- Past chair of the Council - Laura Chambers
- Secretary for the Council - Sally Swanger
Steering Committee comprised of Council chair, one full-time faculty member and one administrator.
Academic Council Meeting Minutes
Academic Council Charter
Academic Council Annual Summaries