Nominate a full-time or adjunct instructor for the Metropolitan community College Excellence in Teaching Awards.
To provide recognition to full-time and adjunct faculty for excellence in teaching and for their dedication and commitment to the teaching profession.
- The award is for an individual only who hasn't won the award in the past five years.
- The nominee may be a full-time or adjunct member with a minimum of six quarters of teaching experiences at MCC.
Specific criteria to be cited in the nomination includes:
- Commitment to learning
- Relationships with students
- Relationships with colleagues
(Criteria with examples)
To nominate a faculty member, please print out and complete the form below. Please provide examples and narratives of how the faculty member you are nominating meets each one of the criterion. Send all completed nominations to Academic Affairs, Attention Sally Swanger, Fort Omaha Campus, Building #30, by Monday, January 30. Nominations may be submitted via inter-campus mail or email. Email nominations to Sally Swanger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection committee will meet to review nominations. Nominations will be reviewed against the criteria established for this award to determine those that most closely align to all four criteria. The committee will select up to three full-time and up to three adjunct faculty for the Metropolitan Community College Excellence in Teaching Award and forward names to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for final approval.
Type and number of awards
- Up to three awards are presented annually to full-time faculty.
- Up to three awards are presented annually to adjunct faculty.
- Each recipient, both full-time and adjunct, receives a certificate and will be selected to attend and represent MCC at the 2018 NISOD (National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development) Conference in Austin, TX.
The awards will be presented at the Spring Academic Affairs Day Reception on Monday, March 6.
Contact Sally Swanger at 531-622-2449.