MCC LIBRARY SERVICES DURING COVID-19
Access library resources and services online!
Please check this page regularly for updates.
- CAMPUS LIBRARY HOURS (updated 11/13/20) - Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Elkhorn Valley and Fort Omaha campus libraries are temporarily closed. Effective November 16, the South Omaha Library will be open limited hours. See Library Hours & Remote Assistance.
- DUE DATES (updated 11/13/20) - The due date for all books, DVDs, magazines, and other library materials checked out BEFORE November 15 has been extended until March 1, 2021. MCC library materials picked up at the South Omaha Library or Omaha Public Library AFTER November 15 will be checked out for 28 days (books) or one week (DVDs).
- ASK FOR HELP – Library staff are available to assist you remotely via email, telephone, Zoom, or our online Ask a Librarian form. Library staff hours & contact information.
- ACCESS TO OUR PHYSICAL COLLECTIONS (updated 11/13/20) – Need a book or DVD from our collection? You may request it for pickup at the South Omaha Library or any Omaha Public Library location. To make other arrangements, contact the appropriate Library Supervisor (see contact list below).
- CLASS PRESENTATIONS – Would you like a library or database presentation for your students? Contact a Library Supervisor to schedule a Zoom session (see contact list below).
- RESEARCH DATABASES – Click on the "Databases" box on our homepage to access 40+ databases containing a variety of sources including magazine, newspaper, and academic journal articles.
- EBOOKS – Click on the “eBooks” box on our homepage to access more than 50,000 eBooks.
- DATABASE TUTORIALS – To learn more about a database, view the video tutorials available on the Database Guides & Tutorials page.
- STREAMING VIDEOS – We offer access to several online video collections as well as a selection of individually-licensed titles. See the Streaming Videos page for links.
- AUDIOBOOKS – A selection of fiction and nonfiction audiobooks is available.
- FLIPSTER – Flipster contains digital magazines. Download the app to view them on your mobile device. See the Flipster page for more information.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN – See the Interlibrary Loan page for updated information.
- PURCHASE REQUESTS – Faculty are encouraged to suggest materials for purchase, including eBooks and streaming videos. Contact a Library Supervisor or complete a Purchase Request form.
CONTACT A LIBRARY SUPERVISOR
EV: Scott Mahoney firstname.lastname@example.org
FO: Ann Wills email@example.com
SO: Gary Katz firstname.lastname@example.org