To Reach MCC Police, Call 531-622-2222.
Metropolitan Community College Police's primary objective is to provide a safe environment that enhances the learning experience and the College's educational mission. The department is responsible for providing security; responding to medical and fire emergencies, as well as traffic accidents; enforcing campus rules and regulations and various other services.
MCC Emergency Notification System
MCC students and staff can now enroll to participate in the MCC emergency text messaging alert system.
Go to MCC Emergency Notification System website.
- Enforcing state statutes and city ordinances
- Patrolling campus property and providing escorts to faculty, staff and students as requested
- Providing assistance with disabled vehicles (jump starts and unlocking cars) for faculty, staff and students
- Assisting students, staff and the general public with information and directions
- Checking all facilities for hazards and safety compliance
Informative Public Safety Documents
The video in the link below is produced by the Department of Homeland Security and is less than four minutes long. We hope you never need the information and are providing it as a resource. Options for Consideration demonstrates possible actions to take if confronted with an active shooter scenario. The instructive video reviews the choices of evacuating, hiding, or, as an option of last resort, challenging the shooter. The video also shows how to assist authorities once law enforcement enters the scene.
Options for Consideration Active Shooter Training Video