Students and staff may access Student Advisory Council's My Way page.
Student Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors
The Student Ex-Officio serves on the MCC Board of Governors to enhance the flow of communication and information among students, the Board of Governors, and the college administration. This individual provides updates at the monthly board meetings regarding student interests and issues.
The Student Ex-Officio member of the Board of Governors is elected annually for a one-year term from among the members of the newly elected college-wide Student Advisory Council.
Expectations for Student Ex Officio Member of the Board of Governors (BOG)
- The Student Ex-Officio is elected by the Student Advisory Council to represent the student body.
- An Ex-Officio member of the BOG sits with the BOG, to offer a report and participate in discussions of agenda items.
- The Student Ex-Officio must be able to attend the monthly Board of Governors meetings, which are normally held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m., as well as special meetings and retreats.
Privileges of the Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Governors?
Read the privileges of an Ex-Officio member of the Board of Governors.
What is a Student Advisory Council?
The Student Advisory Council was established to enhance
communication between students and the College. Members are
elected in the fall to represent each MCC location. SAC also elects a
student ex-officio to attend monthly MCC Board of Governors meetings.
Currently enrolled as a student in good standing for at least
six credit hours.
Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Not employed by MCC other than in a work-study capacity.
Remain enrolled for at least six credit hours during each
quarter (excluding summer quarter) during the term of the
Student Advisory Council.
Expectations for Members
- Attend monthly meetings
- Be available to represent fellow students.
- Help with welcome week activities each quarter.
Electronically submit a Candidate Registration form.
Review the SAC election timeline in My Way.
Read how to submit a candidate recommendation note.
Ask a question and read responses about SAC.