Frequently Asked Questions

Apply to MCC (How do I get Started)?

  • Visit the Future Student page to begin the MCC application process!

Take the MCC orientation?

  • The MCC orientation is online. You can go back to the orientation any time to review information.

Connect with an academic advisor?

  • To reach a specific academic advisor, visit Advising Staff, where you will find each advisor's contact information. To address any general advising questions, email MCC advisors at An academic advisor will respond to you as soon as possible.

Add/Drop a Course? (or Change of Registration)

  • Prior to the quarter beginning, you can add or drop classes by:
    • My Way - Under the My Services for Students tab, click on Registration. If you need additional assistance, call Registration at 531-MCC-5231 or go to your local campus My Way Center.
    • Please be advised that there are deadlines to drop courses and that dropping classes can affect your financial aid. For further information on the impact dropping courses has on financial aid, contact the financial aid representative on campus or call 531-MCC-2330.
    • If you are an F-1 international student, contact International Student Services at 531-MCC-2281 before dropping classes.

Change/Declare a Major? (Programs of Study available)

  • Please meet with an academic advisor to declare or change your major. You and your advisor will collectively establish a major, which will help you meet your educational goals.
  • To schedule an appointment visit Advising Appointment.
  • Career Services is also a great resource for career exploration—especially if you're undecided!
  • If you are an F-1 international student, follow the process listed in the Change of Educational Level/Major form because academic advisors do not change majors for F-1 students.

Schedule an Appointment?

  • To schedule advising appointments, call 531-MCC-2400. Appointments can be scheduled at any of our campuses or centers. Click Advising Appointment for information on how to prepare for your advising appointment and what to expect.

Know what Classes to Take?

  • You should only enroll in classes required for your declared major. You can review your major requirements in your My Services account. Access your Academic Evaluation through My Way. Under My Services for Students, click on Academic Profile, then Academic Evaluation to see what courses are needed to complete your degree.

Send my MCC Transcript to another college?

  • To have your official MCC transcript sent to another college, go to My Services, under Academic Profile, Transcript Request. You will use this online form to request your MCC official transcript. You can visit Transcript Request for more detailed information.
  • In the same tab, Academic Profile, you can also view your unofficial MCC transcript.

Request official transcript from previous college(s) I attended?

  • If you're transferring credit to MCC you will need to contact the institution(s) you previously attended to request an official transcript be sent to MCC. Follow the steps for paper or electronic transfer submission on the Transfer to MCC page.


  • If you are a student transferring to MCC from another institution, please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor and plan to bring your unofficial transcripts to the appointment. To review how courses from other institutions transfer to MCC, visit Transfer to MCC.
  • If you are a current MCC student who plans to transfer to another institution, please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to assist in the transfer process and have an idea in mind of the institution where you plan to transfer. To determine how MCC courses and programs transfer to other institutions, visit Transfer/Articulation.


Check the online schedule of classes for course availability and prerequisite information.

  • If you are a new student, a transfer student or returning student (who has not attended MCC for more than two years), and this is your first quarter at MCC and you plan on enrolling in a program of study, schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
  • If you are a visiting student (enrolled at another college seeking to enroll in courses at MCC to transfer back to your home institution, follow the Visiting Student enrollment process.
  • If you are a current or returning student (previously attended within two years), you may register for courses in one of the following ways:
    1. Log into to your My Way account from the MCC homepage. Once you log in, select My Services, then select Registration.
    2. Call the Contact Center for registration at 531-MCC-5231.

Check my Grades?

  • Your final course grades are found in your My Way account. Under My Services for Students, click on Academic Profile to view grades and your unofficial transcript.

Apply for Graduation?