Skip to main content

Course Equivalency, Transcript on File

Course Equivalency Search

The Transfer Nebraska site is used to conduct a search if you would like to know which courses Metropolitan Community College has accepted as transfer courses from other schools.

Please visit Transfer Nebraska and follow directions to access the list of courses MCC accepts from your transferring College or University.

For information about prior learning assessment, please visit the Prior Learning Assessment Center.

Important Disclaimer

The information on the Transfer Nebraska search is provided as a general guide of how classes from another institution may transfer to MCC. This information may change and is updated as coursework is continually evaluated. The date in the begin field indicates when the entry was added.

Transcript Evaluation

Students who wish to transfer credits from another college to MCC must provide official transcripts and declare a program of study so the incoming transcripts can be evaluated against the requirements for that program or degree. To mail official transcripts for evaluation, contact the school and have the transcript sent to:

Metropolitan Community College
Records Office
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103

Official Transcripts

Students may also hand deliver an official transcript from an institution to the Records office on the Fort Omaha Campus. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from that institution and stating that it is official.

If students are having their official transcript emailed to MCC through an electronic transcript provider (Parchment, Scrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.), then it must be emailed to

Emailed or Faxed Transcripts are considered unofficial, and should be submitted directly to the MCC staff, or department area initiating the request for an unofficial transcript.

The Records Office does NOT ACCEPT Unofficial Transcripts.

If you would like to have prior course work reviewed to see if a prerequisite has been met for an MCC course, please use the following email:

Change of last name

If you have not notified MCC of former last names and are sending in an official transcript from another institution that has your previous last name on it, rather than the one on record at MCC, the transcript may not be identified as being yours. For example, your name was Emily Smith when you attended another institution and you are now Emily Johnson at MCC. Please contact a Records Representative at 531-MCC-2353 or email at to update your record so your transcript may be evaluated in a timely manner.

evaluating transcripts based on courses or declared major

Transcripts will be reviewed if a major has been declared and only courses pertaining to the major will be evaluated. If you would like to have specific courses transferred in, which has not been transferred in and pertains to your major, you must notify the Records office by completing the Transcript Re-evaluation/Specific Course Evaluation Request found under the Records' forms.

Once courses have been brought in and transcribed, they cannot be removed and will remain on your permanent record.

For advisement questions, please call 531-MCC-2400 to speak with a call center advisor or to schedule an appointment with an advisor. Visit Student Services for campus/center information.

Transcripts are typically evaluated on a course-by-course basis, so we are unable to evaluate requests via email or over the phone. Courses not offered by MCC will not be transferred nor will the courses that are less in credit/quarter hours than the courses offered here. You can view this conversion chart for more information about the quarter to semester hours. For courses not offered by MCC, please see an academic advisor for possible options.

Once a transcript has been received and the student is identified with a declared program of study, it takes approximately six to eight weeks for the initial evaluation to be completed. There are several factors which could lengthen the processing time, including retrieval of course descriptions or additional information needed, sending coursework to academic deans for input and during peak records office periods—for example, the end of a term or graduation.

The following parameters are used to evaluate transcripts.

  • Institution must be regionally accredited by one of the following agencies:

    • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)

    • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)

    • The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)

    • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)

    • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)

    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)

    • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)

  • Course content must be similar to MCC’s

  • Grade of C or better must have been received

  • Credit hours must be equal

  • Courses are evaluated based on the program of study and general education requirements

*Note: Due to content being regularly updated for the following courses, non-MCC courses will only be accepted if they have been taken within a specific time frame:

  • HIMS 2400, HIMS 2420 and HIMS 2430 — Courses need to have been taken within three years of the current catalog year.

  • INFO 1001 — Course needs to have been taken within five years of the current catalog year.

Once a transcript has been evaluated, a notification will be sent to the student's MCC e-mail informing that the results have been posted. A notification will be also sent if no credits have been transferred.
Students can view transferred credits by logging onto their MyWay account and going to My Services for Students (tab on the right), Academic Profile, MCC Unofficial Transcript. Students who do not have an access to MyWay account should contact their academic advisor to review the evaluation results (appointments can be scheduled at 531-622-2400).

Please note that transfer credits are not listed on MCC’s transcripts and are not calculated into a student’s cumulative GPA.   

Re-evaluated Transcripts

If a student changes his/her academic program of study, a re-evaluation may be requested. To request a re-evaluation, the Transcript Re-evaluation/Specific Course Evaluation Request must be completed. This can be found in the My Way portal. (Student Services, Records Office, Transcript Re-evaluation/Specific Course Evaluation Request)

Requests received via email and phone will be referred to the Transcript Re-evaluation/Specific Course Evaluation Request.

It will take approximately six to eight weeks for the initial re-evaluation to be completed.

The same criteria used for the initial transcript evaluation will be used.

Once a transcript has been re-evaluated, a postcard will be sent informing the student that the results have been posted. Students may log onto their My Services account to view credits that have transferred (My Services for Students, Academic Profile, MCC Unofficial Transcripts). A letter will be sent if no credits are transferred.

International Transcript Evaluation

For students who wish to have an international transcript reviewed by MCC for possible credit transfer, they must first have it evaluated by a credential evaluation consultant. College degrees obtained outside the U.S. are only accepted when interpreted by transcript service members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. If you're interested, you can access a list of consultants. A student is encouraged to contact any or all of the consultants for cost and information. If a student chooses to have a transcript evaluated by one of the listed consultants, it is strongly encouraged to have a course-by-course review, list the course credit hours for each course and list letter grades (A-F) earned and have the evaluators provide course descriptions. Once a credential evaluation consultant has reviewed your official transcript, please have them send an official evaluation, along with your official transcript, to:

Metropolitan Community College
Records Office
PO Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103-3777

International transcripts that have been evaluated by a credential evaluation consultant will be reviewed using MCC's transcript evaluation guidelines/policies.

International high school diplomas/transcripts may also be reviewed by some of the suggested consultants. Please contact them directly for detailed information.

Official Transcripts on File

MCC credit is automatically awarded for some general education courses to students who have an official transcript on file in the Records office, noting conferred bachelor's, master's, juris doctor, or doctoral degrees from an accredited American institution. A student must have declared a major as well as actively seek a certificate or/and degree. General education credit is awarded for the following:

This credit is only awarded to students who graduate from the 2016-17 catalog or a later year catalog. Students declaring majors in catalogs prior to 2016-17 are required to take INFO 1001. Information Technology program majors are required to take INFO 1001, regardless of catalog year.

Note: Official transcripts are evaluated for the potential awarding of math and social science/humanities general education requirements; credit is not automatically awarded. Students should be aware that there may be additional and/or specific general education requirements for individual programs.

Back to Top Back to Top