Who is appropriate for Gateway to College?
- Students who want to complete their high school diploma
- Students who are willing to accept responsibility for their own success
- Students who demonstrate the kind of motivation, attitude, skills and commitment it takes to be successful in a college environment
- Students who have a career goal that requires a college degree
Gateway to College candidate Profile examples:
- The student has the academic skills to do high school work but for some reason is at risk of not graduating.
- The student could have been successful in high school, but a life event interrupted their high school success.
- Lacking motivation, the student fell behind in credits, but with a career goal requiring a college degree, the student might be motivated to succeed in a new environment.
- The student had a slow start in high school but with a fresh start has the potential to succeed.
- The student who is distracted in the high school setting but would thrive in a college environment.
Gateway to College is for students who:
- Are 16-20 years old
- Read at an appropriate level
- Want a different educational setting
- Are ready to earn college credit
- Are ready to earn a high school diploma
- Are able to complete their high school diploma by age 21
- Are approved by previous high school
GATEWAY - A UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE OPPORTUNITY!