Tax Information

MCC International Students


All international students holding F, J or M visas are required to file income tax documents if they were in the United States during the previous year.

  • Persons who worked are required to complete and mail two forms:
  1. Form 1040NR or Form 1040NREZ
  2. Form 8843

These forms must be postmarked no later than April 15 of the current year.

  • Persons who did not work are required to complete only one form:
  1. Form 8843

This form must be postmarked no later than June 15 of the current year.

  • In order to complete the income tax documents, you will need:
  1. Your passport with visa
  2. W-2 forms from your employer
  3. 1042-S forms or any information about scholarships or grants received during the previous year

New laws regarding income tax requirements may be established each year. In the past years, free assistance for completing income tax documents has been available to international students. Watch for notices from International Student Services. Call 531-622-2281 or email with any questions.