COVID-19 Information

3/31/2020 9:24:04 AM

MCC has moved to e-learning and alternate delivery methods. Learn more

Request to Change Name on Diploma

All requests to change the name on a diploma or certificate must be made in writing.

In order to reissue a diploma or certificate with a different name, students must:

The following THREE documents are required:

  1. Valid photo ID (state driver’s license, state/military ID card or federal government document, such as citizenship certificate or passport). Photo ID cannot be expired.

  2. One of the following: court issued document; marriage license; divorce decree (only first page and last page); birth certificate if name has been updated.

  3. Social Security Card (required and must be signed if receiving federal or state aid) *some students from other countries may qualify for an exception based on their status. Exception will be reviewed by Financial Aid director and/or Registrar.

If the request is made in person, the student may submit the form and documentation at any campus, Student Services location, Career and Academic Skills Center on the Fort Omaha Campus, or the Records office. Students may also mail the notarized form and copies of the required documents to:

Metropolitan Community College
Records office
P.O. Box 3777
Omaha, NE 68103

Important notice: Replacement diplomas will be noted REISSUE with the reissue date.

Your name will not be changed in the MCC system without a Name Change Request  form being submitted.

Student Services or Career and Academic Skills Center on the Fort Omaha Campus will forward the completed required forms and copies of documentation to the Records office, Fort Omaha Campus, Building 5.