To Order A TRANSCRIPT
(Electronic transcripts are $3.00/copy and paper transcripts are $5.00/copy)
- Current and former students who have access to the My Way Portal, click here to order a transcript.
- Former students who do not have access to the My Way Portal, click here to order a transcript.
- If you do not have a credit card, you will be required to either mail in payment (check or money order only) or pay in person (cash, check or money order) at any Student Services location. Payment must accompany the transcript request. Click here for a transcript request form. You MUST create an account in Parchment, Inc if you have not previously created one. This will allow us to process your request and you would also have the ability to check the status of your transcript request through your Parchment account.
- Additional documents may be attached to the request and they will be sent along with the e-transcript or paper transcript.
- All transcript requests must be made electronically through the My Way portal or on the transcript request web page.
- Transcripts for GED must be requested through the GED Office (402-457-2312).
- Unofficial transcripts may be printed at any campus Student Services Office with a photo ID or through the My Way student portal.
- All transcript requests require a student's signature. Students must check the FERPA consent box during the transcript ordering process before finalizing the request. Requests by phone or email are not accepted.
- Metropolitan Community College does not fax transcripts to other institutions, students or businesses.
- All account holds need to be resolved in order to release a transcript. The Records Office cannot release holds placed by other departments due to financial obligations to the College. Please contact the appropriate department if you have a hold.
Electronic transcripts (E-transcripts) are official transcripts that are submitted to a third party through a secured process. Each transcript is validated through a digital and certified signature by Metropolitan Community College (MCC). All e-transcripts are identical to a paper transcript; the only difference is the delivery method. The recipient's email address is required to utilize this service. Please make sure that you obtain the correct email address and verify it with the recipient.
Recipients will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve the e-transcript from our secure website. An e-transcript will remain valid for 30 days and must be downloaded by the recipient prior to it expiring.
E-transcripts are processed within one to two business days (Monday-Friday; excluding days when the College is closed), provided there are no holds on a student's account. Students may submit an e-transcript request 24/7, but transcripts will not be processed until the next business day. Additional processing time may be required after the end of the quarter. End of quarter grades: Even if grades have been posted by an instructor, transcripts cannot be released until grade processing has been completed, which can take up to 3 days. As stated, additional processing time will be added to the 5-7 business days time frame.
Students who need a copy of their Omaha Tech transcripts cannot utilize this service as a paper copy is only available.
Note for MAC Users: You must select the “open” option instead of “preview” option in order to view a transcript via the Adobe Reader; otherwise, you will see a blank page. You may choose the open option by doing a “control click”, which is equivalent to a right quick for a PC user.
Paper transcripts are official transcripts that are printed on security paper. The recipient's postal address is required to utilize this service.
Paper transcripts will still be processed within the 5-7 business days' time period; allow additional processing time during high volume periods (end/start of term, graduation, etc.). End of quarter grades: Even if grades have been posted by an instructor, transcripts cannot be released until grade processing has been completed, which can take up to 3 days. As stated, additional processing time will be added to the 5-7 business days’ time frame.
A student who is no longer enrolled at MCC still has access to his/her network login and password; however, he/she MUST maintain the password requirements (changing it periodically). If you need assistance with your user name or password, contact the Help Desk at 402-457-2900. Students who were enrolled prior to 2001 do not have access to their MCC network login and password.
What is the difference between an e-transcript and a paper transcript?
The only difference between an e-transcript and a paper transcript is the delivery method (sending it via an email address versus sending it via postal mail). An e-transcript is a PDF of your official transcript.
Can I attach additional documents with an e-transcript request?
Yes, cover letters, resumes, application forms, etc. can be attached during the ordering process.
How can the recipient or I verify that the e-transcript is authentic?
The e-transcript has been digitally signed and therefore contains special characteristics ® Acrobat version 6.0 or greater, or Adobe® Reader version 6.04 or greater, which will reveal a digital certificate that has been applied to the transcript. This digital certificate will appear in a pop-up screen or status bar on the document, display a blue ribbon, and declare that the document was certified by Metropolitan Community College with a valid certificate issued by GeoTrust CA for Adobe®. This document certification can be validated by clicking on the Signature Properties of the document.
Can I track the status of my transcript?
You will receive email updates regarding the status of your order, as well as have the ability to track your request history online; however, the type of information will vary depending on whether you requested a paper or e-transcript.
Why does my e-transcript indicate that it is a copy of an official transcript when it is printed?
An e-Transcript is considered official in PDF format only. If printed, the words COPY OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT will appear to indicate that the paper copy is not an official institutional document.
Can anyone accept an e-transcript?
Yes, anyone who has Adobe installed can accept and download an e-transcript; however, before requesting an e-transcript, you should verify that the recipient will accept it, as not all recipients will.
Attention MAC users: You must select the “open” option instead of "preview” option in order to view a transcript via the Adobe Reader; otherwise, you will see a blank page. You may choose the open option by doing a “control click”, which is equivalent to a right click for a PC user.
Can I forward the e-transcript to someone other than the intended recipient?
Each transcript issued in PDF format has warnings that the document is intended for the recipient only. In addition, the e-mail notification to the recipient states the same. If the transcript is forwarded to someone else, it will not be considered an official MCC transcript.
The recipient has not opened my e-transcript yet. Should I be concerned about an expiration date?
You must communicate with the recipient that the e-transcript will expire in 30 days from delivery. If he/she does not open it, then you will be required to request another e-transcript.
The recipient has not received an email notification to download the e-transcript. What should he/she do?
If you have verified that the email address is correct, please have the recipient check their junk inbox file. It could have been filtered out as spam.
I need to have a paper copy expedited. What is the process and are there additional fees?
A credit or debit card is required to have an official paper transcript expedited overnight. You may choose this option during the check out process.