Welcome to the Instructional Faculty Development website. Metropolitan Community College is committed to providing professional growth and development opportunities for faculty. We offer training and development through a variety of venues, including sessions, workshops, group activities, Faculty Learning Communities (FLC’s), New Faculty Institute (NFI), Adjunct Faculty Institute (AFI), PETS (Practicing Excellent Teaching Strategies) series of courses, Instructional Faculty Development Days, and online resources. MCC provides these development opportunities to full-time faculty as one of the benefits of included in being a Metro faculty. Also, Metro strongly encourages adjunct faculty to participate in development, and pays adjunct faculty a stipend to attend development activities. Faculty development is offered throughout the year, with two entire days (one in fall and one in spring) devoted to providing training and development for faculty.
Teri Quick, IFEX (Institute for Faculty Excellence ) Coordinator, is available to consult with faculty and deans to discuss and help implement development opportunities for faculty. The IFEX Team (Teri Quick, Lynn Bradman, Cindy Catherwood) works together to provide faculty development. Technology training for faculty is also provided by Instructional Design Services. Development for non-faculty Metro employees is provided through the office of Training and Development. These three areas collaborate to provide training and development for all Metro employees.
Goals of Instructional Faculty Development:
- Enhance faculty ability to provide quality teaching and learning
- Support faculty in their professional and personal lives
- Provide on-going opportunities for faculty to gain knowledge and/or skills in specialty areas
- Provide orientation for new full-time and part-time faculty
- Respond to specific requests from deans and/or faculty to provide specialized training when necessary
- Support College mission and initiatives
Focus Areas of Instructional Faculty Development:
- Instructional Faculty Development Days
- New Faculty Orientation (NFI)
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation (AFI)
- PETS Series of Courses
- Faculty Learning Communities (FLC's)
- Regular development offerings throughout the year
Please bookmark this page and return to it often to stay up-to-date on Faculty Training & Development opportunities.