To order MCC 2014 Graduation Announcements, go to Jostens.
FAQs About MCC's Commencement Ceremony
MCC Commencement Ceremony
The MCC Commencement Ceremony is held annually to recognize students who have graduated or will graduate during the current academic year (Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters).
At MCC, graduation occurs at the end of each quarter and denotes the completion of a program of study. Degrees and certificates of achievement are mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of each quarter to qualifying students.
When is the next ceremony?
MCC's 2014 Commencement Ceremony will be held on May 9th, 2014, at 7:00 p.m. This ceremony is for graduates of the 2013-14 academic year for the following quarters:
- 2013-14 Summer
- 2013-14 Fall
- 2013-14 Winter
- 2013-14 Spring
Omaha Civic Auditorium
1804 Capitol Ave.
Additional Commencement Ceremony Information will be posted as details are available.
Who may participate?
- You must have completed the graduation application process (degree and certificate of achievement graduates only) to participate in the Commencement Ceremony. Please refer to your My Services account to verify completion of the process.
What can honor society members wear?
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa, Kappa Beta Delta, Alpha Delta Omega, and the National Technical Honor Society are eligible to wear the sash or medallion of their honor society.
- Contact your honor society advisor for information on ordering.
- Order early to ensure delivery in time for graduation.
How will I know if I graduate with honors?
- To graduate with honors, a student must earn a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above in his/her program of study - (degrees and certificates of achievement only).
- Honors graduates will receive an Honors medallion on a gold ribbon to wear during the ceremony, when they receive their name card.
- The medallion is theirs to keep.
Diplomas and certificates for each quarter are mailed 4-6 weeks after the end of that quarter.
For questions about the graduation application process, please contact:
- An academic advisor at any Student Services office, or
- Call 402-457-2400 to make an appointment with an advisor
For GED graduation ceremony information, please contact:
- Adult Basic Education, 402-457-2312